Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
internet access
12 Posts
Hi Lynne,yes there are a few ways to connect up to your laptop. Sim cards and mobil phone/dongles ,but what we found best last year was Tata sim card that fits into an aireal with a usb connection ,and straight into your lap top.you dont need a phone just a sim card.The airtel /dongle is very slow dial up connection with the phone where as the Tata is a little faster and was better.
Where your staying it should be good connection. Otherwise we can plot up outside chillys together and have a free one :rofl
thanks dave
you can show me when we get there (27th dec) same appt
corinne / terry
Hi corinnelynne

I was looking for some information on this as well. I'm not going until January so I'm sure you or anyone else could supply some more info please.

Thanks
I got my Tata Indicom dongle from a little shop near Calangute post office. You need to provide photos etc like you would for a phone sim.

It's a dial up connection and disgustingly slow compared to the UK, but better than nothing and more convenient than going to an internet cafe.
Apart from Panijim, the tata shop in Calangute Is the only other one i know that will set it up in the shop for you .as i said it is dial up but by far the best of the bunch and no is phone required.Depending on the area your staying ,if the reception is bad they will give you a aerial for better reception to plug into the back of your lap top.
I have been using my Airtell sim card and getting connected through that but its unbearably slow.I have now borrowed a friends Tata dongle and its really good . I think you can buy it for 4000/5000 rs and it lasts 3 months. You have to make sure you have a signal where your apt is.
On top of the 4000 you then have to load it up with cash .
Bought Idea dongle yesterday for a friend and it cost 2500rps for the dongle -1000rps to have it set up - 1067 for sim card and 30 days internet and costs 30rps per day.
This was at Art D'our which is just past the Large Temple at the top of Calangute High Street. When you get to the top of the High Street turn left and walk past the Temple and go down the road that goes to Arpora (not the Mapusa Road) It is only a few yards along there.
Was talking to a woman this morning who bought the Tata set up and was taking it back because it was so slow - maybe she lives in an area when the signal is not strong. Last year we swapped from Airtel to Idea because it was rubbish where we live.
Yes,I am taking my tata areial back next week,They are making a extra long one for me 20 feet,to improve the signal.If i take the laptop onto the roof its perfect reception,but down stairs really slow.So a lot depends on your location.
Where your staying it should be good connection. Otherwise we can plot up outside chillys together and have a free one :rofl
:rofl :rofl

i will have to watch out for prowlers loitering to nick my broadband then split!! :rofl
chilly
chilly wrote:
:rofl

i will have to watch out for prowlers loitering to nick my broadband then split!! :rofl
chilly

Can you put some comfortable seats outside please Chilly and we will tell you what time we want coffee :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.