Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
ipods!
12 Posts
Hi Goldilocks,

It is generaly considered Electrical items are no cheaper in India/Goa and you have warranty issues should it go wrong.

IMHO Either search for best Web prices or Duty Free

Mids
Thanks for that Mids, we'll prob just buy duty free if we have any money left!!
Goldilocks,
don't know if you are stopping at bahrain on the way out.
I got a creative juke box 30 gb mp3 for £ 125 last year around £35 cheaper than UK.
Maybe just a one off , as cameras etc were same price as UK or dearer.
there were some good deals in Dixons at Manchester also

del949
Goldilocks
give dixons a call at the airport and ask them how much there are tax free.at least you will know the price before you go and then can compare to see whether its worth it..at least it should be 17.5% cheaper at the airport
wow
you got a great bargain there del
nice one
Trouble is if something doesn't work - it's a long way to take it back! And often the plugs are continental rather than British. A friend bought a camera in Bahrain that didn't work right and the shops over here don't want to know when they find out where it came from.

There are some great deals if you shop around - especially on line. Personally, i don't think saving a few quid is worth the potential hassle but you pays your money and takes your choice.
There is an apple shop in Panjim, they offer duty free prices on ipods provided you take along a copy of your passport and return flight ticket.
When I researched into prices it was cheaper to buy from Dixons at Gatwick, I had one brought out by a friend a few weeks ago.
GFF
goldenflipflop,

Any idea where in Panjim the Apple shop is located?

I have tried looking for it on the net but cannot find it.
For those who like Ipods (I hear they're quite popular!)...

I called Dixons at Gatwick airport last week and was told that they sell 4GB Ipod Nano's for £151 - they cost about £179 in the high street.

You don't have the option of purchasing the item and leaving it at the airport for collection on your return (which is what I wanted to do originally) - this only applies to journeys within the EU. However, they did offer to post the item to my home address for an additional £15.

Thought I'd give this a mention in case anyone was interested in buying themselves a new toy... :)

Cheers

Neil
Hi Sydney,
The Apple Shop is up the side road opposite Hotel Fidalgo (recently refurbished Hotel with lovely silver facia and nice food court). The Hotel Main Entrance is on 18th June Road.
GFF
The Apple shop in Panjim is more expensive than the UK, so don't bother. Also, beware when buying Ipods abroad, some of them are configured to work on the Apple system instead of Windows and it can be difficult to re-configure them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.