Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
not allowed during take off or landing. during the flight it is up to the airlines discretion
hope thomsons allow them!!
Yes MP3 players are allowed on the plane after take off. We have used them for the lasy two years with out a problem at all, so you should be ok. :lol:
Hi there

Are we allowed to take MP3 players on flights?
Yes no problem - just can't use them during take off and landing.
Can anyone tell me if you are actually allowed to use these on flights because people I know have said they have been able to but any flight I've been on they usually say not to use them. I'm flying with Futura in a weeks time and I was wondering if I can use it or shouldn't bother getting it out to take on the flight as I won't be able to?
a rule of thumb is yes to game boys mp3 /cd players but not untill the craft has taken off and the seat belt light is out also must be switched off when seat belt lights come on before landing.
however not all airlins will allow

wizard
Hi All,
Just a quickie..............Can you listen to your ipod whilst on the plane.
I understand you can't during take off/landing, but when your up there???
Yes. My daughter seems to be permanently plugged in even on flights.
You can use iPods and all other mp3 players, gameboys and PSPs. My kids spend a lot of time before a holiday uploading all their tunes/videos etc onto their various gadgets, and then they end up watching the in-flight movie after all that :roll:
Intervoice,

You can use electronic items such as ipods apart from during take off / landing phases of the flight or whenever the seat belt signs are illuminated. These are the official CAA regulations regarding the use of electronic items on aircraft.

Darren
Hi, can anyone tell me wether you can use ipods, mp3 players and nintendo ds's on a flight as ive been told conflicting information.

We're flying with my travel

thanks peeps :D
You can only use them once the seatbelt signs have been turned off.

luci :wave
thanks luci, gives the kids something to do !! :D
just be careful if you are using an mp3 player which is part and parcel of your mobile phone, even if it is switched to ''flight mode'' a lady across the aisle from me last year argued about this until she was blue in the face, apparently ''a phone is a phone'' whichever mode it is switched to, and therefor, according to them, not allowed. in the end though she was given a set of free headphones for their inflight entertainment music to shut her up!
This thread on mobile phones and flight safe may be of interest here

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=101038&start=0

Darren
You will have to ensure the wi-fi on the DS is turned off otherwise it is OK. My children used theirs on two recent flights without any problems whatsoever.
Anyone know if you can take a digital camera on in hand luggage?
yes you can i always take mine but i dont use it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.