Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Keep it up- I love the cliffhanger :wink:
Great Colleen :D Dont forget to mention that you met me and I am lovely person :rofl :rofl :rofl
good read :D :D
waiting for part 2 :D :D
Gemma your a celebrity you are in my next report in the molly malone page haha thats all what happned on my 2nd day
Day one its Friday the 17th of november and we have just got in a taxi to go to our hotel the Phoneix park .....my brother and his wife just look left to right and right to left they cant believe what they are seeing the look on their faces you know the one shock shock horror horror ....
IM not sure of what bridge this happned on but we were driving along the road it was about 8 or 830.am not too many people about we have never been to candolim so im not to sure of my way about in that neck of the woods but anyway ............my husband is in the front seat of the taxi and my brother his wife and myself are in the back my hubby said my god look at that stupid dog running down the middle of the road ..we all look out and the dog is running towards our taxi being dive bombed by 5 or 6 big black birds my brother shouted thats not a dog its a bloody monkey and the thing just kept on coming our driver had to pull to the side of the road to stop himself from hitting it :omg it must have done something to the birds as they were all after it .......
WE got to our hotel and after looking at 4 rooms we got one we liked and the staff took our bags up to the room.....I had e mailed the hotel and asked for a high floor and a room with a balcony and was given a basement room at the back of the hotel so that was why we looked at a few rooms before we got one we liked ...
WE went out in to candolim right away I wanted to see this elephant shop everyone talks about we went left when we went out of the hotel and found the elephant shop bought a few wee bits and bobs in it had a little walk about went in to have a coffee and went back to the hotel to pack a bag and go looking for the beach .....on our way back to the hotel we see another elephant shop right beside our hotel .......we will check that one out tomorrow ..we went to the beach and went to bobbys beach shack we sat there for hours but the sleep was catching up on us so we went back to the room and slept for hours
When we got up the hotel was having a party night (king mambo night) it was good fun the food was very nice and we danced all night the people who were all there that night were all so nice .......gemma33 was staying in our hotel and we had planed to meet but by 12 o clock I was fit to drop again so we had to go to bed yet again...

Day 2 ..18th nov breakfast was fine there was a good lot of things to choose from we all eat our fill and went to the beach in candolim again I looked out for gemma33 at breakfast but no gemma maybe I will see her about the beach I am so nervous about meeting her I fell a bit sicky today im all shy :oops: :oops: ..we went to bob marley shack had a great day there the food was fab the staff were brill and the sea around the river princess was a bit calmer than other parts of the beach so we went in for a swim a thing I said I would not do but it was ok I have lived to tell the tale................
WE went back to the room about 6 o clock bit cloudy so no point in waiting for the sun set ...got ready and went in to calangute to molly malones where I was gona meet the famous gemma 33 our meal in mollys was beautiful......the staff were great I had made the owner some irish c/ds and brought them to goa for him he was so pleased he sent us over two free drinks and before you knew it we were all niceley .
every person came in the door I was looking to see if it was gemma the nerves were getting the better of me and I was getting a bit of dutch courage (I think im trying to say is I was a bit tiddley) well next thing I see is gemma im up on my feet hugging and kissing her as if I had known her all my life her and her husband were as nervous as we were and after all of five munites we were all relaxed and talked and laughed till the wee small hours ............gemma im so sorry if I frightened you it was the barcardi breezers I know I talked for ireland that night haha anyway we got back to the hotel about 2 in the morning my hubby said wheres the key :?: its in the camera I said wheres the camera he said ....oh no have I left it in the taxi or have I left it in mollys ....we had to get the night staff at the hotel to let us in our room after a few tears and a bit of growling I fall asleep we will just have to go looking the key and camera tomorrow ....day 3 to follow
What about the big beastie in Molly Malones that fell from the AC :yikes Scared the :swear out of me. No wonder I take a wee drink :rofl
Great reading, youre doing brilliant Colleen.
loving this trip report
hi again... :) irish colleen.
enjoying your reports keep them coming.
regards.................john-doe.........
Can you put your ring tone on?
Steve
Hi ya,
Great reading Colleen. I feel like I'm there. (I wish I was!!) Is there a courtesy bus to the Travelodge at Gatwick? We're flying out from there on the 26th Mar? £26 is cheap.
Gail
Nice one Colleen keep it coming, Glad Sergio didn't let you down hope he looked after you with out going over the top to much. :?:
Alan
Yes Gail you can get a courtesy coatch its £3 each way £6 for the two of you ...we just get a taxi it £8 maybe £10 and it saves all the waiting about
Al38 sergio was a gentelman he never even pushed us about going on trips he gave me his number and said if you need me call me .....we used him 3 or 4 times but we used the other taxis as well I am going to do a little more of my report soon you will have to read the story about the taxi men and my husband ....colleen
Day 3 the 19th november ..................did not sleep much got up and went breakfast I made some bread rolls and took some fruit for the beggers I always do.. its a nice sunny day and we are going to calangute its sunday and sunday in calangute is mad....
WE went to molly malones im praying all the way round please god let the camera be there when I got out of the taxi the owener is outside on the street .....I looked at him and he said your camera you left it behind I keep it safe for you and dear love him he got it from behind the bar I hug him and kiss him and thank him a hundred times...the staff in mollyes are so honest .We ask the taxi to take us to the roundabout in calangute and walk the rest of the way to the beach .......on the way down the street I see a little old man begging.. out comes the baps :oops: :oops: that doesnt sound good I mean the bread rolls and the look on the little mans face was a treat .....we stoped and bought hand made leather sandles for 200 rupees from a little street stall
when we get down to the steps we see another begger a women with a small child in her arms so I gave her some fruit some bread rolls and a pair of shoes and a t shirt for the child not as much as a please thankyou or a smile I will remember her face ok she will not be getting nothing else from me ....BTW I always have childrens clothes in my bag too ..
when we get to the beach we turn left we are going to the tipsy beach shack Raj and robbie recognize my husband and come running up the beach the shake our hands hug us pat our backs (I think they are happy to see us )haha they take our bags and show us to their shack they remember we like beds at the front .towels and we dont like an umbrella and they get us sorted in a matter of minutes ...we sit talking with them for hours and then its lunch time after lunch its chill out time and we have a lovely day and go back to our hotel.
That night we went to our first meet up in MA THAI we meet linb and her hubby gemma33 and her hubby and cmj and her hubby and hotxbun and his lovely wife it was a bit . :oops: :oops: at the start but we all had a good laugh and after a drink or 3 we were all relaxed ...in all sunday was a very good day
mon 20th nov
WE are going to bagga today after a nice breakfast we go to get a taxi what a polava we ask how much to bagga 300 rupees said the taxi man no way said my husband its 150 ...well this big fat pheasant plucker who sits outside the phoneix park hotel said to my husband I have to laugh at you english you tip the room boys you tip the shack boys you tip the waiters and all you do is fight over an acceptable taxi fare ...ACCEPTABLE..ACCEPTABLE said my husband how come the same taxi ride in mumbai would cost 30 or 50 rupees do you think its acceptable to rip the tourist off no I donk think so ....the taxi man never even answered my husband ....but hubby walked back to him and said you know what pal we wont be using your taxis again and the man just put his head down :oops: :oops: we went and got a taxi outside the elephant shop a nice man called francis we used him a lot after that ......when we got to bagga and got out of the taxi the shack boys were like a swarm of killer bees haha free sunbeds free towels good food if I heard that onced I heard it a hundred times that puts me right off there is no way I would go to any of their shacks ...we just walked on up the beach to the bistro shack .....the lads also remember us from last year the greet us with a smile shake our hands and get us sun beds in pronto time ...I brought the lads football shirts man u ....celtic...leeds....brazil..and barcelona there were so pleased but when I started to give them out young lads came from everwhere but I just did not have a shirt for them all .....we had a nice day at bagga and that night we went to the spice garden to eat there was music on and the singer was very good ..I think it was the man who owned the place he also got up to sing he was good too again another lovely day in goa
I remember that taxi driver well he sat out side the gate like he was the Godfather, it was one of the highlights of my day to say no thanks to him twice a day :twisted:.

Alan
more more, come on no time to waste we go on friday colleen you are getting us right in the mood now brill report keep it coming..toe :wow
The very one Alan thats the boyo ok.. the godfather :rofl why didnt I think of that one ...steve do you want me struck off holiday truths if I was to to put that ring tone on it would be byebye colleen ..and toe sorry but I can only write at two speeds slow and stop but I will fill you in on the next few days tomorrow ..colleen
Colleen,

loving this report, esp the bit with the greedy taxi driver!! and so glad you managed to get your camera back.

GFF xx
Excellent report Colleen, keep it going. Lenny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.