Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I think Playa del Ingles would be the best place on the island for you as this has the main club scene.

Also Puerto Rico is very nice it has everything centralised in one centre i have been there and it was great.

tatty x
Cheers tatty, we're looking at flying with Thomson and staying at Maspalomas which doesn't look far from PDI, any ideas how much a taxi back at the end of the night would be???
:D Hi tomd, a taxi from peurto rico to maspalomas would cost quite a bit., but a taxi from maspalomas to peurto del carman would be about 2e 50c. I have been to both, and would recommend pdc.

Few years ago we stayed in maspalomas, (As we prefer quite during day, and lively at night), and got a taxi to pdc every night, ther's nothing stopping you getting a taxi to pr for a couple of nights, but at around 60e (there and back), it could work out quite expensive, if you go every night!!! Enjoy. BBB
Hi tomd, a taxi from peurto rico to maspalomas would cost quite a bit., but a taxi from maspalomas to peurto del carman would be about 2e 50c.

I think you have that the wrong way around, Maspalomas and Puerto Rico are in Gran Canaria and Puerto Del Carmen is in Lanzarote.

Sarah
:D Hi, sorry- meant to say a taxi from Maspalomas to playa del Ingles is 2e 50c. (was talking about Pdc and Lanzarote this morning- think that's where the mix-up lies!!), and a taxi from maspalomas to peurto rico, would be around 50-60E both ways.

Hope that's cleared that up!!! BBB
Cheers you lot. That's been a great help :)
hi tomd
the place to go in the evenings is the kasbah centre there are bars and clubs there,chinawhites,beckams bar and lots of other bars,and thats in pdi.i,ve not been to tenerife so cant compare the two but we had a great time and i,m sure you all will :)
Hi Tom
I went to Gran Canaria in November last year with my boyfriend and stayed in Maspalomas. A taxi to Playa De Ingles cost us about 3 euros at the most, very cheap.
I would recomend you go to Playa De Ingles for the night life, the Kasbah centre is the place to go, we enjoyed Linkers bar.
Maspalomas is fairly quiet and more for couples wanting a quiet holiday and families, hence why we went to Playa del Ingles for a good night out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.