DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hi,
we have friends who go to Malaga from East Midlands every year.
They swear by Easyjet!
With regard booking the seats, suggest you book all at once as price is fixed......the more seats Easyjet n all sell, the pricier the next ....

Hope this helps

Mark
I too am waiting for East Midlands to Malaga flights. Does anyone know when they likely to be released?

I'm going to Malaga in November BMIbaby outbound and Easyjet back, purely because of flight times.

When I book for my summer flights it will be price and times that will determine who I book with. it's only a short flight afterall.

I would advise booking all on your party on one booking reference, it would make things much easy in the unlikely event of a problem later on (illness etc and you had to cancel).
Booking all 5 at once could work out more expensive with EasyJet than booking them as a 2 and a 3. If they, for example, only have 2 seats left at the lowest price but you try and book for 5, they'll charge you for all of them at the next price band up. The EasyJet computer booking system can't handle selling you 2 tickets at priceA and 3 tickets at priceB so it just charges you for all of them at priceB even if they haven't yet sold actually all the cheapest tickets.

If booking more than 1 or 2 tickets, it's worth initially booking for 2 and checking what the price comes out at, then aborting the booking before giving your card details and then trying for 3 etc. If by the time you get to 5 tickets it's still working out at the same price per seat whether you book for 2 or 5 then book them all together but if the price per seat for a booking for 5 is working out higher then go back and book them in smaller as a 2 and 3. it sound more complicated than it actually is!

EasyJet doesn't allocate seats so it makes no difference to whether you'll all get to sit together and it can save you quite a bit if you can get some of them at a lower price than the others. Yes, it's a bit more fiddly but a colleague with 4 kids often found that he could 3/4 at one price and then only had to pay the higher price for 2/3 of them rather than the more expensive price for all 6 tickets that he needed for the whole family.

SM
Think you are maybe wrong regarding EasyJet SM.

The new system now allows for group bookings and actually averages out the prices per person.

So say 2 flights @ £50 and 3 flights @ £55 = £265, would average out @ £53 per person.

So I would say book all 5 flights together.

Robby :wink:
Bmibaby say that summer 2006 flights will be out in November.
Hi Hope,

Get yourself on their mailing list (you can register for email updates on their website) and they'll send you a mail once they are on sale.
Thanks for that puddleduck 2,Iam getting paranoid thinking that Iwill miss the sale date and they will all be sold for our dates,is this likely?.
Hope springs, you don't say what dates you want, but if it's peak period, then I would stay up at midnight for easyJet flights and book them straight away, no dithering, just get them booked, as the prices rise quickly.
Not too sure about the others, but get in quick for easyJet.

Best of luck,

Robby :wink:
Easy Jet tend to release their flights around Christmas, but they don't always release them for all airports at the same time. This obviously makes comparisons difficult.
Keep checking the site and as soon as you see one you are happy with book it. The prices are at their cheapest when they are first released and can literally change before your eyes. My husband commutes from Spain to London weekly and he has got me out of bed at 2.am before now, when flights have gone on sale, so that we can get him booked up for the coming season.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.