Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
If the sky looked like this here at home in Scotland I wouldn't be surprised by a forecast of snow!

http://www.nerjatoday.com/nerjanews/weather/

Depending on which way the wind is blowing, warm, damp westerly winds could conceivably result in heavy precipitation as they hit the Sierra Nevada mountains and whether it falls as rain or snow will depend on temperature. Friends and I have experienced very cold, very wet weather in April in Seville (rain so heavy there were floods in parts of the city and the main railway line to Madrid was closed because the ballast had been washed way from under the tracks!) and even in May on one occasion in Granada. One time when I was in Granada in October the first snows of the season where already evident on the Sierra Nevada.

So whilst snow in Nerja would be unusual because of it being on the coast, I wouldn't bet on it being impossible at this time of year - after all they will probably be skiing in the Sierra Nevada at the moment - but it probably won't lie around for long.
My sister is in Nerja for the winter. We will be there next month and she has not indicated that it is snowing.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.