Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Not like it used to be Imp. They are aware that we can get whisky cheaply and don't like being ripped off any more than we do. :lol: That said, you are often asked if you have any whisky and it can be quite useful for 'oiling the wheels', perhaps getting a better room etc. or as a very good 'tip'. On the other hand, mobile phones are useful to barter with, especially if they are unlocked.
Thanks for that Aslemma my hubby has just bought a new phone so I may take his old one out there with us, it is only last years model.
As you both said,10 years ago they were always asking for whisky to do a deal with,but the last couple of times that we have been they never ask us anymore,but we always take 1/2 bottle of whisky and give it to head waiter on our 1st night,usually end up with a nice table and bowls of fruit and bottles of water in our room for the holiday.
thats food for thought -will any whiskey do or does it have to be a well known brand e.g. bells,johnny walker,grants etc ?
When Im at the UK airport,I buy one of them half bottles by the tills for £2.99 :)
Those sold at the UK duty free are all well known brands so quite acceptable. For the past few years I've always managed to get 2 bottles for £15 - the problem is that they work out heavy to carry. :roll: I know you can sometimes get it in plastic bottles now so I may look for that next time.
Hia, I didn't know about the whisky, when we were in Tunisia in August last year, the staff were all after my sons football top, so if you know anyone who has any old footbal shirts, I am sure they would go down well, also his Liverpool towel, went down a treat to :) I have now got sons old footbal shirts washed and in case for when we go back, but sadly as of yet, finances are proving not to good for us to go away this year, but then we had no plans of going away last year, but got an excellant deal, so who knows :) Roo
Football stuff is certainly popular. Problem is, for those flying with Thomas Cook who only have 15 kg luggage allowance, every little bit extra in the suitcase is a bit too much. :roll:
Especially these cooler months when you need to pack some warm clothes as well!!.
I'm tearing my hair out! I'm only going for a week this time but it can be chilly in February or alternatively very warm. I've had a look for a lighter suitcase, but can't get much under 4.5 kg. TC only allows 5 kg hand luggage as well so that's not much help. Sorry people, I've wandered seriously. :offtop
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.