Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
didn't they have lots of work done on them a couple of years back ? (I seem to remember a lot of vans outside during the low season) ?

*edit - I've just tried to search for a booking on a few sites and they are saying its not available !
We usually stay at the Issacs and when were over in October they closed early (middle of the month) and had opened late, sometime in June. I remember them mentioning that they may not open this year, I thought (and hoped) it was just speculation. I will text George later today and see if he knows anything and post if I hear.

I think the vans you saw were for the shop outside that is being built and also the building works over the road, as I havent seen any work done on the Isaacs for the past 5/6 years I've been going.

Even thought we arent stopping there this year, we're going back to an apartment up in Kapparis, we still use it as a base in the day and pop in for drinks with Alex and George :(
I might be wrong, but I'm sure we saw people going in and out of the hotel (workers not guests) April 2009

http://s3.postimage.org/1yfgpyx1g/Cyprus2009_April10_15th_604.jpg
Bluemax - It was George that told me last night. We do the same as you and often pop in to see him and Alex :sad
AskCy - As Bluemax says, that was probably work on the shop in the corner of your photo (might have guessd that you would have one lol ;)).

We are going over at Easter so I will catch up with George and find out what's going on. I got the impression that he doesn't even know where he's working this year!
I had a feeling he may have been your source of your information :)

If George doesnt know where he will be working by now it doesnt sound promising :( We've stayed there a few times and even though we didnt last time we still spent most of our time there. We're not over until the end of September this year and will have to find a new base if the Isaacs isnt open.

If you see George tell him Max and Neil said hello (he has a nickname for Neil which I cant put in print but I'm sure he will tell you ;) )
When I spoke to Alex in October he didn't know what would be happening this year. Someone told me the Isaac was being "done up" and would be used as accommodation for tour reps. Don't know if this is true or not. Will be sad if Alex isn't there - he is one great man.
It was October that we were there and they didnt seem to know what would be happening. I was having a look on the net last night and you can still book into the Isaacs on some websites, although whether they will take your booking and then change hotels when you arrive is a different matter. I know some people who always stay the end of October and they had booked and paid but as they closed early they moved them to a different hotel at the last minute.
Just back from Pernera and the Isaac was closed with a skull and cross poster on the door so we asked at the Seagull apartments and they said it had been fumigated due to ant infestation and should be opening soon. Then we came down the lift in our hotel the Livas and Alex was standing in the bar area!! He said it was closed and he is working at the Mandalena on the top road. Quite a lot of hotels closing and I think it is down to all the villas being rented out cheaper than the hotel rooms.
Lindsay.
Hubby just advised me that he got talking to bar manager at the Livas on our last night and apparently him and Alex are going to be running both the Isaac and the Livas between themselves swapping over every now and again. Not sure why :que
If thats the name of the guy who serves at the bar every evening then yes! Not to sure on names as spent most of the time running around after my 2 little boys this year!! While hubby and my dad talked, drank Keo and got all the updates!
Yes and trust you to have a blinking photie of him!!! Now we just have to find out exactly why him and Alex are sharing hotels!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.