Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
hi Dave

there is a water park in Protaras but by general opinion its not as good as the big one at Aiga Napa. some diferent places to visit would be the viewpoint overlookingAmmochostos (Famagusta) the ampletheater ,and toomb of the kings in pafos and a jeep trip up the troodos, a coach trip to the monasteries ( Ladies please weare long skirt or sarong and a sleved blouse- ) Protaras has watersports and the western style resterants for Cyprigreek food the stuffed olive in Permera is quite good but if you can get to one of the tavernas used by the locals in say Paralimni it's a diffrent experiance.

when it comes to car hire DON'T hire from the holiday rep if you walk around you will find several car hire places in Pemera if you dont mind haggleing you can get a good deal any time of the year my best offer last july was at the car hire above the windmill resterant, but make sure you get full waiver insurance (if you have a photo licence take both parts)
BEWARE the local police are clamping down on infringements on the road,
make sure all passenges wear a seat belt, dont speed, and don't use a mobile phone whilst driving, they are also clamping down on parking.

at the right time of the year (not mid summer) Cyprus is the only place in the med where you can ski in the morning drive through the citrus groves and pass bananas ready to harvest and then sunbath on the beach in the afternoon.

thease are a few thoughts i hope they help

brian
thanks brian what about the weather in the last week in may especially the evenings as my elderly but fairly fit parents are going and also is pernera fairly flat. thanks again
Hi again
the area around Pemera is fairley flat. May temps on average should be 20/25 deg C during the day cooler in the evening by the end of may you will be unlucky if it rains much, possibly an odd shower though
the sea will proberbly still be chilly by comparison
in all you should have a good week (you lucky people)

brian
we are going to the elamiras on the 22nd of may and would like some help in asking for which area of rooms as i am not the best sleeper, ok once i get off, we are likely to be up until late so that wont be a problem but is it in a noisy area and should we ask for a pool view.
Have stayed here and had a room on first floor right above the reception in the main block. Room overlooked the pool and also the main area for the entertainment. Never had any problems sleeping but dont go to bed before 12 as thats when the entertainment went on until. The main block is better located than the block where the supermarket is as there are a lot of trees which take the sun off your balcony and they have a lot of mozzies in them. Hope this helps.
hi ya we had a room that was not in the reception block on the first floor that over looked the pool and had no problems with noise. However our friends were in the same block but at the back of the building and they had noise from bars that were located near by. They also had the problem of trees and you could not see out of their bedroom window at all for braches and leaves. I didnt sit on their balcony but i dont think they would have got much sun on it during the day. Hope you enjoy your holiday as much as we did we will go back to cyprus as we really had a great time. Hope this helps. :D
thanks for the replies any other useful tips for the hotel or pernera
anyone know the e mail address for the elamaris apts
Not sure if this will help:

CROWN RESORTS
ELAMARIS

Protaras-Cape Greco Avenue
P.O. Box 33247
CY - 5312
Paralimni - Cyprus
Tel: + 357 23.83.18.00
Fax: + 357 23.83.18.07
eMail:elamaris@crownresortsgroup.com

Kath HT Admin
thanks will try it and let you know the results
Dave

The Elemaris might not open until the 1st week in May, so there might be no=one to deal with your request.
Elizabeth
thanks elizabeth do you know the area well, if so could you answer a few questions.
Dave
I know the area quite well. If I dont know the answer I will try and find out I am there next week. from the 6th. What do you need to know?
Elizabeth
Hi Dave
we stayed at the Elamaris a few years ago, whilst it was an airtours hotel, i think its a thompsons hotel now.....

we stayed in a room with pool view in the reception block, i am a bad sleeper but don't remember suffering any noise problems (except whilst i was on the karaoke)..
Pernera is a small area about 20 mins walk from protaras, it is a great base for your stay, near the hotel are lots of truly lovely places to eat & drink, also some great beaches within walking distance. you'll have a great time in pernera, i have also stayed in protaras & choose to stay pernera whilst staying in this part of cyprus.
thanks for all the replies, elizabeth are there any safari parks on cyprus or anything fit to visit that is animal related and is it true there are sightings of dolphins around that coastline,my 6 year old is mad on dolphins. also it is our wedding anniversary while we are out there and we are looking for a good restaurant that is typically cypriot- 6yr old wiil be with my parents so we will be on our own.
as far as im aware, there dont tend to be dolphins in safari parks.

Unless the lions liked dolphins.. hmm.. :!:

Tom
Tom I don't think daveeboy mentioned dolphins in Safari parks what he said was:-

thanks for all the replies, elizabeth are there any safari parks on cyprus or anything fit to visit that is animal related and is it true there are sightings of dolphins around that coastline
Hi Daveboy
I have never seen any dolphins yet around the coast. There is an Aquarium, along the main road from the Elemaris, You would get the bus outside and it takes you to the roundabout at the Aquarium. You just get of and walk round the corner.

There are donkey sancturies in Oroklini just behind Larnaca, where you can ride on the donkey's
The Famagusta viewing point is straight across the roundabout at the aquarium . There is a small zoo there . but personally i think its not good, with the animals cooped up.

We go up to Deryhnia to the Ammachostas Culture centre here there are telescopes on the roof and free of charge you can look over into Famagusta. Up in Derhynia there is traditional Cypriot tavernas in the main square, and the folk musuem.

We can recommend Faliros in Kapparis.
Anemos down near the Capo Bay hotel all the locals eat at these two

But if you want a good night with dancing and a great host Romeo's in Protaras is very good, Lots of wedding parties held here, it depends what you are after,

Just dowm from the Elemaris there is El Calvalier.
For trips to the other side if you walk straight down from the Elemaris past the Barley Mow on the right and the Island Oasis on the left keep going until you get to Isaac apartments next the herbies dive shop there is Orthodoxu travel Sue and Lambros run half day trips and full days to the other side,

You will get a full list of whats on offer as she has been organising trips and car hire for years.

Just round from there across from the Anastatia hotel you will find the Blue Spice resturant, excellent.

In the meantime take a look at http://www.cypriothomes.co.uk

Look under attractions and resturants for members comments.
Hope this helps
Elizabeth
:lol: Stayed many times at Elamaris lovely friendly hotel, two weeks before holiday I phone the hotel and request a room on the pool side as the rooms at the back of the hotel can be abit noisey as the buses use this road to drop-off and collect guests close to reception area. The Elamaris has special memories as I met my boyfriend there and we plan on getting married next year, AAHH! x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.