Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Well its not that bad,... air con.. lots of bars and pools and all that... corridors get you between places... no complaint...(other than some ones, coming back at about 1:30am making lots of noise outside our door...but thats not really a problem.. need more beer tonight..)

:lol:
have you seen the gym yet
erm no.. for some reason I just can't manage to get there... LOL
been to the Gym today... erm.. well... ok... erm... what can I say?...sparse?... token gesture?... :lol:
think youre being generous, enjoying pernera then cy
as expected yes.. fantasitic time.. going to all the eaterys that no one seems to fancy, those that we didn't visit last time etc... and it trrns out we missed some really good places... just been to the polywhatsit thingy me bob near the beach and had a Meze for 3 plus drinks and it came to 26 Cy pound and was all good stuff.. couldn't eat half of it.. way too much.... and they had dancers and live music playing ......
any changes to the place since your last visit
nothing major.. more apartments have sprung up.. some have been finished that they were just starting... odd places have changed names...(friends bar in Pernera, The Verdi that was the Italian restaurant is now more international and has a new name that escapes me.. )
Taxi's still can't fly but its not for the want of trying...
oh and a new lot of sort of quad bike crossed witha go-cart thing has appeared as the new thing to hire to get around.. (incidently its the bloke that used to run and own? the Friends bar in Pernera that now hires them out..)

food still as fantastic.. and a meze still over faces even me... LOL
whats up cy.... cant you go a week without us :rofl hope you are keeping on top of the KEO :glynis
whats this week lark?.. more like a day... :lol

just keeping up on things.. etc etc...
We are staying at The Crown Resorts Elamaris in October , does anyone know if the Long trousers for Gents applies in the evenings in the restaraunt(s), we have stayed there before 97&98 but i can't remeber if it applied then.
Been there but didn't eat in the restaurant, but during the day everything was relaxed and no one seemed to be overly dressed..

Steve
Hi

After haveing a break from Cyprus to go to Florida this year , we were trying to book the Crown Resort Elamaris for 2008 .

However after going there with Thomson continually for last 5 years , im told that they will no longer be doing this hotel next year .

Anybody know why ? or which travel agent will be doing this hotel next year ?

Were pretty gutted to be honest , we like the hotel , like the spot , and we've always used Thomson . Looks like we may have to look into booking direct ?

Kind regards
Not heard about it !... might do some nosing about when we get there....
Yes this is true that Thomson will no longer be in the Elamaris next year so it will not be a 'superfamily' hotel. I used to work there as a children's rep a few years ago and still spend a lot of time in Cyprus (just returned) & have a friend working in the Elamaris currently.

The reason being, so I understand, is that Crown Resorts did not renew the contract (or whatever it is they have) with Thomson, as in the past few years the number of Thomson guests in the hotel has declined. When I worked there it was always almost entirely Thomson guests, with a few Cypriots now and then who had booked direct. Now there are a lot more Cypriots there (esp at the moment during their holiday period and at weekends) as there are more vacant rooms. The decline in Thomson guests is thought to be due to the prices they have been charging.

Anyhow, whatever the reason, there will be no Thomson Superfamily in Cyprus next year, and infact, no Thomson children's clubs at all on the East Coast!! I think this is a real shame in such a child friendly resort but there you go.

I would suggest booking direct with the hotel for next year, but don't expect the same type of family entertainment as you have experienced in the past as it may be quite different next year. Having said that it is still well located in Pernera so still a good choice.
hope they aren't on a wind down when we get there this time then ! We've been telling my sis in law who is coming along in the second week, how good it is for the kids (as she is going with her 2 young uns)...

Does this mean they will be giving the Thompson the Dog outfit away?. lol

Seems a shame as we booked there through Thompsons last year, have booked again this year and got my sis in law booked with them as well...even tried to get our grown up daughter and her partner booked in but it was either booked up or too much when they were trying....

oh well.. looks like next time will have to be different (mind you our kids don't go with us anymore as they have moved on...)
Anyone know if you can get SMA gold formula near this hotel.
If they don't do it in one of several mini-mart and mini supermarkets that are within walking distance your best bet is a bus ride to Orphandies (think thats the spelling) which is the main big supermarket up the road in Paralimni.

Steve
Just booked these apartments last minute and we fly out on Weds.

Soooo excited...... :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.