Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Steve we went a few years ago, they have a shop adjoining the livas and they are very friendly. AC wasnt included and we had to pay i think a couple of quid each day, but kept it to a minimum of the main room where the sofa and sofa bed was, kitchenette part. We never ate in, but as far as i remember it had the usual kitchen utensils, toaster, kettle, cooker and fridge. The rooms were quite big and had a view of the pool. Unfortunately it was quite noisy at night, kids in the pools until 4am, thats the bit i didn't enjoy as you cannot sleep unless you get a side seaview. The pool area was nice and hardly any wind making it extremely hot (we went aug), the sea was just down the road, we cut through a hotel as it was quicker.

We had breakfast there once it was quite nice with fresh orange juice etc, and a fry up etc, but cost around £4 pp. We found the 'fresh house' better and nicer food, so ate a good breakfast there.

They are very friendly i cannot fault that, i personally didnt enjoy the partying until the real early hours and the hard beds. We were on the floor at the top and it still had ants in the bathroom and closet. We bought ant killer, then the maid said they would have done it, but we didnt want to bother them. Good for changing money, have a pool table and a big screen to watch those important footie games.

As i said it may have changed since we went, but i am sure you will have a great time.

Michelle x
Thanks Michelle !

Well I know the Fresh House changed owners and became Hogies bar which closed down around the end of the season in August 2008 and its currently closed with no sign of any action !

Thanks for the info (toaster is a must), as is a decent kitchen as we are stopping for 3 weeks and my money tree is looking a bit bare... .lol

Not sure I like the sound of ants everywhere though ! several of the posts in the hotel reviews mention them ! :yikes
There aren't toasters in the apartments! Its been a bugbear for years because I keep asking for one. Kitchen equipment is very basic but adequate. Fridge and cooker. Some of the cookers have a grill in the oven, other's don't. All very clean though. Apartments large but bathrooms very small but you don't live in the bathroom do you! The only time I have noticed any disruption is karaoke night which goes on until 1.00am. Bar open until the last person leaves. We have arrived at 11.00pm and always had a meal provided for us. One year we arrived 3.00am to find the kitchen had cooked our toasted sandwiches and chips and put them in our room for us - only problem was they put them in the room at 1.00am! If you let The Livas know what time you are arriving I am sure Andreas will sort some food and drink out for you.
sounds like a great place !.... thanks everyone... toaster... mmmm ... ?... might have to bring them one... lol
You may as well take a toaster with you Steve lol - even the cheapo ones in the UK are stupid expensive in Cyprus
right thats one toaster added to the list !.... thanks :cheers
Actually we did have a toaster as my daughter always did beans on toast as we had yogurt, i cannot remember what year we went, i think it was 2005, but my review will be on the LIVAS, they are very nice people, you will have a good time i am sure :tongue
I've emailed them and they don't have toasters so we cancelled the... no only joking, they really don't have toasters but there is a grill in the oven so no problem!

If you book directly with them they include A/C in the price at certain times of year, but as we did if you book with another agent the cost isn't included (didn't give me a price though)

Steve
We booked directly with them and separate flight and had to pay for AC, maybe they have changed things for the better since we were there.
On 22nd April 2009 at 05:39pm, AskCy said:
I've just been reading up on the Livas as we have just booked to return to Cyprus in August and we got a good deal (well as good as it gets)

I've just been reading the hotel reviews Livas Apartments Pernera

However they seem to be reports from back in 2007 ! Has anyone been more recently and would like to pass on their views ?

Might I point out, we know exactly where they are having been to Pernera several times and passed them enough but not sure what facilities, how they are run etc?

From the website it appears aircon is an option for some parts of the year but seems the only option available during august ? (if its not included how much is it ?)

What sort of self catering equipment is available ? (oven?. grill ?. hobs ?..fridge ? .sharp knife ??)

what time does their bar stay open till as our flight is quite late ?

what sort of cost are meals and drinks ?

thanks

Steve
Share your experience if you have been there, I'll be there next month. Is it worth living with family ?
On 22nd April 2009 at 05:39pm, AskCy said:
I've just been reading up on the Livas as we have just booked to return to Cyprus in August and we got a good deal (well as good as it gets)

I've just been reading the hotel reviews sterlingsernioradvisory

However they seem to be reports from back in 2007 ! Has anyone been more recently and would like to pass on their views ?

Might I point out, we know exactly where they are having been to Pernera several times and passed them enough but not sure what facilities, how they are run etc?

From the website it appears aircon is an option for some parts of the year but seems the only option available during august ? (if its not included how much is it ?)

What sort of self catering equipment is available ? (oven?. grill ?. hobs ?..fridge ? .sharp knife ??)

what time does their bar stay open till as our flight is quite late ?

what sort of cost are meals and drinks ?

thanks

Steve
Thanks for your opinion about the hotel .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.