Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Thanks everyone for any advice offered. I think the Elamaris must have received at least one of the bounced emails I sent, because when we arrived we were given exactly the right room i.e. top floor at the back of the complex facing the sea rather than the pool :D

The apartment was nice and we found the Cypriot staff to be friendly and the few small problems we had were quickly resolved. We didn't spend any time around the rather crowded pool or in the bar and although the Thompson "Super Family" reps may be handy if you have kids, their idea of entertainment and mine differs somewhat! Their primary concern seemed to be to badger everyone into rating them as "excellent" on their feedback form.

Anyway, we had a very good holiday and I meant to put this message up when I got back, but I was sidetracked. I've just been looking at my holiday pictures and I could post a few in another thread if anyone is interested?

Here's the view from inside our apartment in the Elamaris:

http://www.apbc84.dsl.pipex.com/Elamaris.jpg

Cheers.
Ooh smiles, lovely view. :)
Hope you had a lovely Holiday. :wink: :wave
Thanks Cromwell.

This is what it looked like when you actually went out onto the balcony (you may need to tab across to see it all):

http://www.apbc84.dsl.pipex.com/Cyp2.jpg

Cheers
we went this year the week before spring bank hols and spring bank week so the hotel was full and the sun bed run was a nightmare but you may be lucky, pernera may be a bit quiet after the first few days but the restaurants are superb too many to mention but if you enjoy the localish cuisine then you will love it. the entertainment in the hotel was a bit hit and miss but my 7 year old loved it. if you get a car ensure you visit the supermarket on the edge of paralimni as things are so much cheaper than in pernera. any questions please ask but for expert advice look out for elizabeth mcphee
Here's a view of the pool I took from the roof of the Elamaris:

http://www.apbc84.dsl.pipex.com/Cyp4.jpg

It certainly got very busy and we spent our time on the local beaches (there are a couple with a few minute's walk) or out and about.

There was plenty of "entertainment" (which to be honest we avoided like the plague) but obviously some people enjoyed it. The Thomson family reps also seemed to be active and had plenty of business, so if that's the sort of thing you want the Elamaris will doubtless suite you well.

Cheers.
Thanks for that - great picture !!

As we are going in the first week of the new season I am hoping it will be reasonably quiet (only from the sunbed perspective.) If not, we are happy to go to the beach or whatever.
Does anyone know if there is much in the way of watersports close to hand?
Thanks
Claire
Hi Claire
there are jet skis,pedalos and para-gliding on Pernera beach.I think the beach further up in Protaras does the banana boat too.
Smiles11 would you shrink your photo please as it's stretching the page.

Thanks
Hello Glynis HT Admin.

It fits on mine OK without stretching the page. What resolution do you have your screen at?

Anyway, I'll see about creating an uploading a smaller version.

I'm not looking for any trouble :wink:

Cheers.
there is the undersea walk where you put on a wet suit and a helmet and walk under the sea, didnt do it myself put was always busy when i went past
Hello daveeboy.

I'm more into snorkelling myself, but I think I also happen to have some pictures of the undersea walk equipment (taken on dry land):

http://www.apbc84.dsl.pipex.com/Dive1.jpg

http://www.apbc84.dsl.pipex.com/Dive2.jpg

I wonder what else people will mention that I can post pictures of :?:

This could become an addiction :shock: :)
Cheers.
What resolution do you have your screen at
:hmmm :shock: :lol:

That size is fine thanks but the first one is still stretching :wink: :lol:
Hello Glynis HT Admin.

Do you mean the picture of the Elamaris pool in this topic, or another picture in a different topic? All the ones in this topic should now be the same size.

Cheers.
just looked on a website that appeared to be for the Elamaris in Pernera and it mentions amongst other things a Gym. The site seemed to be back from 2005 so wondering if it still exists (if it ever did) and what its like and if its free or how much it costs.. ?

thanks..
to be honest i went to have a look and came straight out it wasnt very good to say the least but yes it was free
did it have free weights (thats not intended as a pun)...
Thanks, might give it a look if I can pull myself away from the bars etc...
i wouldnt rush to it but i would look for il cavallerie, sizzlers and the one next to sizzlers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.