Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
liz mc,

I can't recommend any hotel as to the quality of the food as I've never been yet, however we have booked to go to the Grand Bahia Principe which is very close to a man made beach (many people do / don't like man made beach research first) and does look quite relaxing, it's located in runaway bay.

VIEW HOTEL

David
Would reccomend to you, Couples Swept Away in Negril on the Seven Mile Beach. As the name suggests it is a Couples Only resort, its a 5 star all inclusive. Its very pricey but well worth every penny. Thomson and Virgin go there. :)
Have to agree with weller. Definately recommend Couples Swept Away. Fantastic resort, good food, the best beach and the most amazing sunsets. Very laid back and romantic. Went last year and hoping to go back next year. Have a look at their website

http://www.couples.com/12sw/index.html
Hi Sunaddict,

We are also planning to go back next year for 10 days in February. Will try and go with Virgin next year as we had a bad experience with Thomson, check in took nearly three hours at Gatwick and felt that we were in a Cattle mart, and it was so complicated trying to upgrade our room with Thomsons, they didn't want to take our money.

Fantastic resort which I dream about every night.
Hi Weller

If we manage it I think it will be February when we go. We went with Thomsons from Manchester and had a 12.5 hour delay!! Nightmare :cry

Will just ring round for prices when we have made a decision. Don't think we could be that unlucky twice (but with the luck we've had this last 12 months who knows?) We upgraded to a BFVS direct with Couples UK. They were very helpful.
Hiya Liz

I am going next April to Hotel Riu Montego Bay, right on the beach and with Thomson, it's perfect for me and my son, and will hopefully say the same when I return from the holiday next year. :sun2
I like some hotels from Jamaica, here is some of them:

Half Moon Montego Bay, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, RIU Montego Bay

here in voyage.tv you can see videos for this hotels
Thanks everyone for all your replys, I am of at the weekend and am going to go through all the Hotels you have advised us on.

Cheers

Liz Mc
I have been to both Couples Ochos Rios and Couples Negril. We actually got married at Couples Negril last year, and having previously stayed at Couple in Ochos Rios, I wouldn't have even considered another hotel for my wedding.

The standards at the couple hotels are brilliant, the food out of this world in the a'la carte restaurants and the buffet is really good too. (and I consider myself a 'foodie') The staff are amazing and cannot do enough for you.

it is expensive, but works out great value for money, because so much is included.
You guys are great, thanks so much.
I never had chance to go through the Hotels you have all mentioned over the weekend but as soon as I have a free day I am going to do lots of research.
Just one more question, who have you booked with or do u book D.I.Y flights and Sandals?

Cheers
Hi Liz, mine is booked with First Choice (now part of Thomson Group), for me it would have been one or the other, I know and trust them. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.