Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
jamaica
5 Posts
I looked at DIY'ing Barbados and Jamaica last Easter, but although I could get some reasonable flights (with the likes of XL and Air Jamaica), I struggled to get a good rate on the accomodation to make it worthwhile and ended booking a package.

The only exception were the Beaches (Sandals) resorts in Negril and Ocho Rios, which were cheaper if you booked direct with the London office and even better if you could book with the US web-site and take advantage of the dollar/pound exchange rate. I was told I had to be a US resident to do that, but I can't honestly see them turning down your business.
hi
thank you for that idea i will take a look at sandals now
thanks
hi i have been to jamaica a few times and with my children.
may i suggest you look at some of the smaller hotels as they offer exactly the same facilities as the larger ones they just have more expensive choice of tiles and bedspreads!!
they come in a few grand cheaper too!the sandals and beaches etc are far away from everything and you will be stuck in your hotel
one of the smaller hotels we stayed in was called funholidaybeachresort.
google it .it was great swimming pool jacuzzi cable tv airconditioned really clean directly on beach security nice staff good food we paid something ridiculous like 90 pounds a night all inclusive for 5 of us .ive stayed at other places too feel free to ask
Website for the above HERE.
I've requested it be added to the hotels so you can post your review :wink: :tup

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.