Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
january
6 Posts
A friend of mine's parents live in Tenerife, so she goes quite often. This year, the weather was terrible in January. It's the worst month weather-wise apparantly. However, it's got to be a dam sight warmer than England!! :lol: :wink:
You will need a jacket/jumper for the evenings but during the day you will be fine. We were in Tenerife for 3 weeks at christmas and new year 2005 and the worst weather we had was on the 21st December when we had a tropical storm. Lashed down for 30 hours non stop and everywhere was flooded, shops, restaurants, hotels, but still not cold. Other than that day we had the odd overcast morning or afternoon and the rest was brilliant sunshine. There is nowhere I would rather be than Tenerife in the winter months. We are in fact moving to Tenerife. I am hoping that the sale of my house in the UK is completed in double quick time then I can spend every christmas and new year there without the hassle of trying to find accomodation and reasonably priced flights, and every other month in between.

Hope this helps
Regards Jackie
Oh wow, Jackie. That sounds wonderful! I'd love to spend Xmas/new year in Tenerife, but in my job, it's impossible. Hope the move goes quickly for you.
We have been to Tenerife several times and always go in winter.
We always go about 3rd week in January,usually to the Fanabe area. Weather has normally been fine, apart from this year when it was a bit dull and wet.
Still plenty to do and lots of people enjoying their winter break.

8) Toonman
I've been to Tenerife every January for past 11 years usually middle of month for a week this year we were lucky as we seemed to arrive after a bad storm and then depart a week later just prior to the next one and apart from a spit of rain at airport upon arrival we had the usual mix of sun/cloud very warm. Previous year best I've ever had apart from rain on last day glorious weather all week. Would not consider anywhere else for January, return agaimn on 12th January looking forward to the Sax Bar and Dubliner in PDLA :lol: I dont bother with jersey/coat at night but my wife likes to carry a light cardigan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.