Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Jerez airport
10 Posts
According to Autoroute Express Jerez to Marbella is 105 miles. Malaga airport would be a lot closer to Marbella. Hope this helps. 8)
Yes it does thanks i know Malaga is alot closer but flights are dearer.Thanks again :)
To give you some idea, I have a house on the Costa de la Luz, near Cadiz and the drive from Malaga Airport takes about 2 hours now that the new toll road is open.

Jerez Airport is a lovely small airport which is a real pleasure to use and I agree with you, some of the Ryanair fares are too cheap to pass up.

Have you considered staying in the area, it has alot to offer and we of course love it.

http://www.costa-luz-holidays.com has more tourist info
I live in Estepona and it takes me 2 1/4 hours to get to Jerez A/P. If you don't know where you are going it will take longer.
I live in Marbella and run a travel website. We went to Jerez for the weekend a few months ago to see Jerez Airport itself. It's a nice small airport and my brother flew in with Ryan Air from Stansted in March. There's about half dozen car hire companies based at the airport and the drive from Jerez Airport is about 2 hours.

It's a really lovely drive with beautiful scenery and a new dual carriage has made the drive even better and should be completed in October when you come.
Hi Joanne. I see the Jerez Airport guide states that there is no bus service available to and from it. Did I not read somehere that one had just started, or was about to start?
If travelling to Costa del Sol, dont forget to check out prices to Gibraltar too. My family often use this airport as flights have been considerably cheaper. I know Monarch fly to Gib dont think many others do.
Hi Tony

Your quite right there are now buses between Jerez Airport and Jerez City Center, Cadiz and Santa Maria on the Costa de la Luz. Maybe as the air traffice gets busier they will offer a bus service down to the Costa del Sol.

12 buses are running from Cadiz to Jerez and Jerez Airport and four of these stop at Santa Maria.

The first bus leaves the airport at 0630 and the last bus runs at 2230.

Its cheap just €0.85 to Jerez, €1 to Santa Maria and €2.60 to Cadiz

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Gary who runs the site thought he had updated this section.

Regards

Joanne
Hi folks, as I am flying from Luxembourg to Jerez on Sunday, I was so grateful to read about the bus service between Airport Jerez and Jerez- Cadiz, and seemingly also Conil de Frontera (my final destination) thank you so much...
Fern
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.