Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I assume you were dealing with an overseas call centre which does not help. As for cancellation charges it all depends on what the T&Cs state. In this case apart from your time it has only cost you £15.00 - could have been much more. That is why you have insurance.

fwh
I do have insurance and I had already paid Jet2 £380 for the flights so I would have thought that a cancellation invoice
which I need to claim on my insurance would come free.
Jet2 have no email address to make enquiries but my main complaint is that it takes them 4 weeks fot them to respond
I have enough to worry about at the moment without all the stress of waiting on Jet2 to send me the neccesary invoice
to make an insurance claim.
Jeanie
Be aware that you will only be able to claim part of the flight cost from your insurer. You have to claim the taxes back direct from jet2.

I hope that your husband's tests go well and he makes a full recovery.

luci :wave
thanks for that Luci
It has all been so unexpected,one minute he is feeling fine just a bit tired and within a week he has had chest xray and pet ct scan.feel as if we are in a nightmare.
Didn't know about having to claim tax back from Jet2, I presume the info is on there website?
This is the first time we have had to make a claim and it all seems so daunting.
Hope there isn't a time scale for making a claim as this all happened the week before we were due to fly!
Thank you for your good wishes

Jeanie
I wouldn't be happy either having to fork out £15 either :(

Hope your husband is better soon Jeanie.
Thank you Glynis
We also have a cruise booked for May,just had an email from NCL inviting me to run off e.docs
But until we get the results from the scan not in the mood to do anything.
We do have an annual insurance so think we will get something back if we can't go but we were so looking forward to it.
Hopefully we will know something by the end of the week.
Any prayers would be most appreciated.
Jeanie
Husband joked earlier on said "think we will do last minute in future"
We do have an annual insurance

Don't forget to inform them of the change of circumstances. Failure to do so could invalidate it.

fwh
Jeanie

I don't know what number you used to call Jet2, but there is a number which may be cheap or free if you have inclusive calls - 0203 059 8336.

There is an admin fee of £40 for refunding the APD. You should check if you can claim this back from your insurer, but possibly not. However check the amount of the potential refund before applying as the admin fee may be more than the refund due.

You can also write to them as follows:

Your unique 6 letter booking reference (e.g. ABCXYZ).
Lead passenger name
Departure date (dd/mm/yy)
Leaving from | Flying to

Customer Care Team
PO Box 314
Leeds
LS19 9EL
England
Thanks Luci
Will just wait now and see what transpires.
Hoping for the results of the pet scan this week,if it's good news they can all keeep the money I don't care
just want him well.

Jeanie
hope all goes well for your oh, and will pray for him, this happened to me 4years ago and thank god im still here.
regards Margaret(madmum) :tup
Thank you margaret for your kind wishes and it does give me comfort to hear you are well.
Hope and pray we have some good news soon.
jeanie
insurance ?.have you got a year one.or did you just put the date you going and coming back?.if yes to 2nd you cannot claim anything.as you are not away.insurance only covers dates you put in.but a year one is great.
insurance ?.have you got a year one.or did you just put the date you going and coming back?.if yes to 2nd you cannot claim anything.as you are not away.insurance only covers dates you put in.but a year one is great.

Although you provide departure date and duration to the insurer, cancellation cover is effective from the date of purchase of the policy. That's why it is important to arrange insurance as soon as possible after booking a holiday. If the policy only covered you whilst away, cancellation cover wouldn't be needed.

David :wave
Yes I do have annual insurance.
I renew it every December with the same company and have done for the last 8 yrs.
Travel about 4 times a year so find it more convenient and cheaper.

I have the certificate filled in and signed by GP and hotel cancellation invoice just waiting for Jet2 now
so as soon as they respond I can get it all sent of.
BTW I have been travellin for 40yrs now always with insurance and have never made a claim before.
Jeanie
good news today

Hubby has 2 small lesions on his lung which do'nt require treatment just has to be monotored every 3 months.
Feel we can look to the future now.
Thank you all for your good wishes

Jeanie :)
so pleased for you enjoy youselves now
Margaret(madmum) :tup
Excellent news, now you can look forward to your holiday :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.