Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi

My parents used to visit Jimmy's Pub quite a lot for their evening meals. They come to visit us in Cyprus for a month every November but for the last 3 years they've been staying nearer to Ay Tychonas end of Limassol at the Golden Arches hotel.

However, the last time they were in Jimmy's his wife told them he wasn't very well and I think it was something to do with his heart. The next year, we saw it the bar had gone up for sale or rent and I think Stanley Bet took over the premises but I'm almost certain when we were down in the tourist area the other month I saw that the betting shop had vacated.

Maybe they just rented out the lease until Jimmy recovered?

We're about 15km out of the tourist area so we don't get down there so often.... I will try to find out more and if I do, I will post back. Not this weekend though as we're off on hols for a long weekend - cruising from Limassol to Kastelorizo and Rhodes.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Hello Shell, and wow, that was a quick reply! Thank you so much! Nickolas was also bartending there with his parents so I am not sure if he stayed there or moved on...but would just like to know...yes, if you find anything out, that would just be grand! Thank you so very much and have a great time on your hols! All the best, Shawn :-)
Hi

We were in the tourist area on Friday morning and came back from Ay Tychonas along the seafront road to the old town roundabout.

It looks like Jimmy's is definitely gone :(

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Jimmy's bar is gone
hi my name is rachel and ive only just seen this post as i was also searching for 'jimmy's bar' in limassol.
having read other posts i am sad to hear about jimmy and was wondering whether jimmy had recovered from his heart problems. i also wondered if the family are still living in limassol and whether there is any contact information, e.g email.
much appreciate a reply. thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.