UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi, i just booked a week at john fowlers ilfracombe at the end of april, great price only £95 + an extra £40 to take our dog with us, at these prices i can't understand people complaining, we very rarely use site entertainment or catering anyway, so fingers crossed it should be ok.
THE WORST CAMP SITE IVE EVER BEEN TO. CEAN AND TIDY. A VERY SMALL PARK ONLY FOR CHIDREN WITH A FENCE AROUND COVERING A BIG DROP THAT HAS PANELS MISSING. AN INDOOR SWIMMING POOL THAT IS NOT OPEN ALL DAY. A SHOP THAT ONLY OPENS A FEW HOURS OF THE DAY. ONE KEY ISSUED TO GO AROUND ALL OF YOUR PARTY TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE 1 TOILET BLOCK AVAILABLE. VERY HILLY UNEVEN PITCHES. DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN WATER AS SITE DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH WATER PRESSURE TO PUMP WATER UP THE HILLS YOU CAN BE SITUATED UP. CANNOT GET GAS BOTTLE REFILLS ON SITE. TOOK NEARLY 2 HOURS FOR MY MEALS AT THE BAR TO BE READY.
VERY POOR EVENING ENTERTAINMENT. A SHAME.
Please do not post in capitals as it makes your post difficult to read.

Cheers
Sarah
we stayed at the john fowlers at burnham on sea and it was ok.we didnt really use the facilities though just slept in the chalet at night and was out all day/evening.

i live near combe martin and have not heard any real complaints about the 2 sights in combe martin.

however
i do not know a single person who has stayed at the ilfracombe site and enjoyed. ive been told it was smelly, riddled with dog hairs(not nice if you dont have a dog)dirty. i know people who complained and got transferred to the c martin site. i know other people who have argued to get their money back after one night one site and i know people who have just walked out! (all these comments came from friends i know who stayed there)

im sad to hear the comments about the people of ilfracombe being rude and short changing people.i think people in general are not as polite as they used to be but it also comes down to pay peanuts get monkeys!
i have booked the south bay holiday park for summer. has anyone been.
also can anyone tell me good places to eat/drink in brixham?
thanks in advance.
I've stayed in the one in Ilfracombe but I was only about 14 so I can't really remember but I remember there being nothing for teenagers (which I was at the time). I know we had a chalet outside the childrens play area but at 14 not really my scene.

So about 2000 or so.
My son & family are going to the Trelawne Manor holiday park in Loe over Easter Has anyone stayed there recently please.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.