Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
hi des - You've done the right thing. We've stayed at the Tequila twice, & visited the Yucatan on both occasions. Please be aware that the beach restaurant at the Yucatan is a haven for mossies - so plenty of repellant needed during the evenings. You'll be spoilt for choice at these 3 sister hotels. A 15 minute walk takes you into Playacar and its numerous bars & nightlife - just a couple of mins in a taxi & costs around £5. sorry can't help with the weather as we were there in August. The hotel accomodation is excellent with great facilities scattered between the three hotels all within a couple of mins walk of each other.
Anything specific you need to know, feel free to ask. Although we stayed at the TEquila we did use the Yucatan's beach, & visited there a few times for shows & a quiet drink.
Hi Des

We were at the Riu Yucatan earlier this year (3rd year running to Playacar) and are already planning to return next year.
There's plenty of excursions of every type to do over there,depends on what you want.
If you take a walk over to the Playacar Plaza (a small shopping area opp the Riu Playacar )5 mins away from the Yucatan, there are 2 kiosks where you can book excursions from a lot cheaper than the T/Os charge(doesn't matter which kiosk you go to as the same guys work on both).
When we went to Coco Bongos in Play-del-Carmen earlier this year, we booked it through the guys at the Plaza who arranged for a taxi to pick us up from the Yucatan reception and get us priority admission to Cocos, from memory it was 650 peso (app $50 US app £35) each and worth every penny.
As a taster here's some of the photos I took around the Yucatan etc this year :- http://community.webshots.com/user/Roadgiant
If you want any more specific info, PM me or ask on here and I'll try and give you more details.

RG
thanks .
whats the dress code in the hotel at meal times?
In the evening men must cover their shoulders (T Shirts are OK but no vests) smart shorts are fine. As far as the ladies go anything goes (within reason!). Some people do tend to dress up, in particular some of the ladies, but really it's a matter of personal choice, the only time I wore long trousers was traveling.
RG
Just back from Playa del Carmen yesterday. Had the best time ever. Cogo Bongo's in Playa was brilliant. The weather is excellent all year round!!!

Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.