Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
I find it quite strange, when the announced Swine Flu, the actual cost of holidays had risen. Now that everything is back to normal, costs of dropped. We are lucky, we have ours booked for Sept so prices are very much the same has when we booked back in Jan 09. Saying that, they did rise by £200 per person, but this has now dropped back to its original price.

You could challenge them over your booking, but i wouldnt hold your breath on that one.

Good Luck
:sun2
Hi :wave:

I am afraid the realistic answer is NO, you could try and ask the company as a good will gesture if they will extend your holiday to 14 nights but to be honest I don't think they will :(
sadly no...but also the reason the holidays have dropped is to try and lure tourists back to mexico as the whole swine flu fiasco has put many people of visiting...but not me I cant wait to fly out on the 26th May.... :sun2
Give your TO a try you never know.
We were in a similar position, booked to stay at the Riu Tequila (due to fly next Sat 30th May), from reading other forums it looks like the Tequila may be closed for the first week of our holiday , having heard nothing from our TO we decided to take things into our own hands and contact them, they were vague as to whether the Tequila is open or not or when it reopens!
We managed to change our booking to the Riu Yucatan (which is where people were being transferred to) which is now advertised at several hundred pounds less than we paid for our original booking and even though the TO would not offer us a refund (as we expected they wouldn't!!) we did manage to get them to upgrade our plane tickets to premium tickets which gives us more room and various other benefits at no extra charge as well as waiving the reduced amendment fee of £50 per person and it also meant changing our start day by one day traveling on Sun 31st May.
Give them a call to see if they will do anything, be persistent, my wife was on to them for about 1/2 an hour,didn't get the refund but at least we got some benefit, you never know until you try and you may be able to amend your holiday to the 14 days, good luck.
As Beanie says above I can't wait, this time next week we should just about be in Mexico.
RG
i booked to go to the gran bahia principe,riviera maya last december & we travel in oct.
manchester is our nearest airport,but was coming up,at £300 more than gatwick,so we decided to fly,from gatwick.however,3 weeks later,the holiday was reduced,by £350.if it had been £50 or something,you shrug it off,knowing you booked,at the wrong time,but £350,is alot of money.
i rang thomas cook & explained,not really expecting anything,but what i did get,was a transfer,to manchester airport,so i was happy,with that,as it saved us,a long journey to gatwick.
you never know,till you ask,i was pleasantly surprised,definately worth a phone call,for me!
good luck
tracy
on the flip side - i have just benefitted from the price drop.
I just booked with Portland to the Tequila in Oct for £860 per adult for 14 nights.
That works out for three of us to be nearly £700 cheaper than what we paid to Mexico last year.

Strangley though - lots of the other hotels seem to be holding the price and also the tequila from lots of other airports is loads more. (we fly from EMA) for the same week.

I kept double checking the details when i booked.....y'know the old saying....if it seems too good to be true..........
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.