DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
I would imagine the first place to start would be to look on alpha rooms web-site or give them a ring and see what they say.

another alternative people sometimes consider is cancelling if thecancellation charge is low, and then rebooking again at the cheaper price.
Have you checked to see if they offer a "lowest price guarantee " or something similar stack .

Often if this is offered it's hidden away somewhere not easily spotted as in the case of easyjet.
Thanks for the replies guys :tup

Will scope out the site's T&Cs now.
Can't see anything in their Help & T&Cs :(

Wondering did anyone ever have an experience like this? And what did you do?

As for cancelling & rebooking, I'd be saving £30 so may be an option. Maybe even if I phoned them, they'd knock that £30odd off for me.

New to all this so sorry for the stupid questions :que
Nevermind, found this :cry

• Edited by David 2009-02-27 11:15:53
    Post edited for copyright reasons. Weblink inserted to replace quoted text.
That's normally the case stack but it's always worth a look . :(
When I booked a holiday to Sharm in 2007 5 days later the holiday was advertised at £205 less each. :yikes
I paid for the holiday when I booked because it was within 10 weeks of departure.
I rang First Choice but as expected they couldnt do anything.
I was happy with the price I paid at the time.
I have had a holiday from hell with Alpha rooms so I dont expect they will let you have the holiday at the new price.
Someone else posted a similar story a while back and most people's opinion was that you must have been happy with the original price to pay it in the first place, yeah I agree its a bummer when the price goes down, but what if the price went up by £120 ? not too sure the OP would contact alpha rooms to offer to pay the difference :que , we are never happy !
This can happen anytime. Package holiday prices also go up and down with demand just like flights and accommodation prices do when the holiday is a DIY. Our accommodation in Tenerife booked with Thomson went down by £80 just a few days after I'd booked. It's irritating but the flights I'd booked had gone up so a case of swings and roundabouts really. Because I wanted specific accommodation I didn't want to risk the chance that there might not be any availability for one or more of the days in my fortnight's holiday by delaying hoping for a cheaper price. I considered the price reasonable at the time I booked so no grumbles especially as we had a really enjoyable holiday and Thomson's package price for the same period at the same complex was several hundred pounds more than it cost me by booking flights and accommodation separately.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.