General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Gail, who did you book through ??

Prices do fluctuate, but double :roll: I can only imagine that your original booking is your "contract" with them, but it would do no harm e-mailing them to confirm.

Best of luck,

Robby :wink:
The price on your confirmation invoice is the price that you have to pay. Unless circumstances change and the tour operator has to charge extra for fuel - it is extremely unlikely that the price will go up.

When you say you booked through a third party - do you mean a travel agent or tour operator - if so, you'll have a confirmation with terms and conditions. If you booked somewhere else - with no t&cs - then it might be different.
Gail the hotel won't even see how much you paid for your holiday. The third party you booked through will tell the hotel your names etc before you get there, and your rooms will be allocated according to how many people you've booked for.

Elaine
Elaine, not all hotels are paid for in advance. I booked two last year which I paid on departure (1 agency & 1 direct).

Good point Robby,
I was assuming Gail had bought a package holiday, but maybe thats incorrect.

Elaine
Hi I booked the hotel through Active Reservations, really good company and I have used them before but only for hotels in this country. We pay our money on departure.

If the hotel has to honour that amount great but I don't know who the contract would be with if there is a dispute and we end up stuck!

Gail
Gail, I booked Prague last year with Active Hotels, and I paid for the room on departure.
The prices do vary with this company, their discount percentages change all the time, but your booking will be as stated on your voucher.
I understand your anxiety, but don't worry.

Thanks Robby I feel much better now. Just felt a bit worried now that the prices are double and thought Active had quoted me incorrectly but I will now relax and enjoy

Thanks to all who replied.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.