Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
JUMEIRAH BEACH
16 Posts
I can recommend this hotel , the Jumeirah is a world class hotel. I went there for three days on my honeymoon on the way back from Mauritius. Check in was a bit of a problem but once that is sorted i can guarantee you will have a first class holiday. :)
Hi
I have booked to go to Dubai staying on Jumeirah beach in June and am worried about the amount of building work. Has anyone been recently? Is the building work noisy / is it dusty? My other half is starting to get a bit worried.
Thanks
I checked this out with one of my friends who's a travel agent as we're off to Dubai end of July-August. We're staying at Mina A Salam (close to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Burj Al Arab) and apparently there are no building works in this area. The only beach area affected is further down where they are building the Palm Island apparently.
Worrried!!! HI im also going to dubai in mid june staying at the "le Royal Meriidian".... whats the construction like?
Hi was in Dubai yesterday,Dubai like Qatar has alot of building work ongoing didnt see too much around the area you are staying in.
Hi

There is construction going on all over Dubai, its the boom city in the world at the moment, but dont worry it wont spoil your holiday one bit. The jumeira beach hotel is not near any current building work, and even if it was it is so well insulated that you wouldnt hear anything anyway. You will have a great time here, the construction work wont spoil it.
I was in Dubai at Christmas, staying the the Hilton on Jumeriah beach. Right in the middle of the building work for the Jumeriah Beach residence.
These sites run 24 hours a day. They will not effect your holiday in any way. All the hotels on Jumeriah beach face the beach not the building sites. Enjoy your holiday
Has anyone stayed in the Oasis Beach Hotel? Myself, Wife and two children are thinking of going there next year, end of may. :D
If anybody has got any other good family hotels can they please let me know.
Many thanks

John
In reply to Jackdusty about hotels.

The best family hotel is the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Loads for the kids to do, and they look after them really well.

We dont have kids - so we give it a wide berth :lol: but highly recommended by all our friends who are parents.
Thanks very much for your advice WTP ref the Jumeirah Beach Hotel, I will bear that in mind.

I have also noticed the Al Hamra Fort Hotel as well. Has anybody stayed there and what do they think about it? If someone has can they tell me what it is like/cost to eat there as the holiday I have seen is B&B.

I know it is 45 minutes from Dubai, did that cause a problem or was it ok?
Would be gratefull if anybody has any info on this hotel?

John
Hi

Can anybody recommend a reliable tour company in Dubai for safaris and day trips to Abu Dhabi and city tours of Dubai.

Would you say it is better to book before I leave or once in Dubai.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel several times. There is a company called Arabian Adventures, which did have an office there, and sorted tours directly. They have quite a good web site so give it a glance.
Sorry to say I didn't venture on a Jeep Safari, but folks I know had a great time!!! Plus all the Jeeps looked great. Might be wrong but thought this company was owned by Hotel group?
http://www.arabian-adventures.com

Have fun Jay
Hiya guys

A quick update on the Jumeirah beach hotel and Dubai it's self.

we're here at the same hotel 2 years ago and i wondered the standard had been kept up, well i needn't have thought about it as it looked brand new as we got in the room and i instantly noticed the 26" tft screen with free internet (hence how i'm on just now) and it feels as good if not better than the last time.

Not sure if it's because we're in a balcony room this time or not.

First thing i noticed was that there seemed more traffic and yes there is a load of new buildings and still loads more going on but that in no way affects the holiday.

Other thing to note is that the gold souks aint as cheap as they were and they are quoting gold at more than double what it was 2 years ago.

This place still gets 10/10 from me.

:D
Great to hear the Hotel is still tops, have read one or two things which made me wonder. Both times I've stayed I had a balcony, which was worth it. Even made sure I had the same room. Boy does that hotel have a customer service.
Was there on my birthday once, and the beach restaurant was full, which i had really wanted to eat in that night. The girl said to leave it with her and she'd try and sort a table. When we went back to the room there was a letter with the reservation time -plus flowers, birthday cake and champagne!!! I just thought my husband has really gone over the top!
No it was the Hotel - he was more shocked than me! Guess he thought he might have to pay- only joking. it is a truly special place. Even with its size you feel valued, somehow there is always a great spot on the beach, or a lovely table with a view in the evening.

Long may it continue - have a lovely time
It is really useful for all. I appreciate your effort. Outing is the best for all families.
Dubai Desert safari tour
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.