Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thank you for that. Myself and partner are off to Olu Deniz in August for the first time so it was nice to read your report.
Hi Vampireslayer,
Where was the talk of the town,? is it the one in Marmaris you are talking about? and how much was it to get in? Sorry for all the questions :)
Kristina
I know when i stayed in Olu Deniz, we went to talk of the town, there is one in Marmaris but there is also one in Hisaronou, not sure if it is the same people but was good all the same.

Pretty much all the reps, local agencies, hotels in Olu Deniz sell tickets for the one in Hisaronou and i think we paid about £25 per eprson including food aswell, wasn't great but was certainly full.

Thanks
Great report! It is so good to read reports of how people got on :)
I bet you are gutted to be back but it sounds like you had a fab time!

x x x x x :sun2
Thanks for the report. We're staying in the Karbel hotel in August so I'm glad your experience there was a positive one. Roll on!
Those prices are more than what we paid the past 2 weeks in Gumbet.
My hubby got bottled Efes for 3.50TL and for 4TL in the hotel.
Breakfasts were advertised from 7TL.
Alcohol especially cocktails are expensive but these were 8TL in the hotel.
A huge T bone steak with garlic bread and a glass of wine was 25TL,chicken dishes with the bread and wine were 17.50TL
I am looking forward to October when we go to Icmeler as the prices people are paying there are almost the same as last year.
One bar is selling bottled Efes at 5TL and cocktails for 12TL but they are BOGOF all the time ,not just for 1 hour.:rofl
Sunbeds on Gumbet beach are free ,and only cost 2.50TL each on Icmeler beach which includes a sunshade. :sun2
I went to Olu Deniz 4 years ago and thought the prices then were higher than other resorts.
Hi guys thanks for all your replys. it seems it is more expensive in olu then other places but
I just love it so much there . We went to see talk of the town in Hisairinu ( not sure how you spell it but never mind)
and went with thomas cook we paid about £23 each.

I am on the line at the minute looking for hols for sept
i too went to olu last year for a week and found it to be more expensive than other places,i think the logic behind this is that olu is meant to be select and by making it more expensive this will keep the rabble out,olu is stunning but in my own personal opinion its a bit emporers new clothes if you get me.icmeler is slightly behind price wise been twice now this year and allegedly the prices are up again ,efes 5 lire spirits 8 etc,etc,kalkan ibeleive is however at the top of the price tree with prices there bordering on extortion and according to a friend who has a place there this is done to keep the "chavs"out needless to say i wont be going there this year ha,ha
I Hope prices get realistic a couple of years ago prices went up and up but some bars and resturaunts, pulled them back down when they realised people just will not pay too much ott.

we know of at least 3 regular turkey visitors that are going to the euro zone this year, because they felt like turkey is starting to price itself out of the market, and to be fair i understand where they are comeing from, i am convinced though that we will always return even if we do visit other countries because i believe we will be comparing the people and country with turkey and i honestley do not believe there will be any competition.

oh and by the way vampireslayer glad you had a great time (sorry for going off topic)
we liked olu and will return at some point but still felt it was trying too hard to be something it`s not.

andy and mel
cheers for that andy and mel i thought it was just me and my huge chip on the old shoulder,but i too found olu slightly pretentious,
;) :cheers well i think iwill try somewhere else in turkey,
my hubby wants to try tunisia but i still think it will take alot to beat turkey

suz
:sun2
Icmeler is a lot cheaper for some things,full English breakfasts are 5 lira at most places,and sunbeds and brolleys on the beach are 2.50 lira for both. :cheers
Blimey that is quite an increse in Efes since I went 2 years ago.

On the sea front it was 4.5ytl which was the dearest we paid. On the street that Dolmus drive up to Hisaronu it was 2...and that was for a big bottle not draught.

Is Ottomans the restaurant with the Harley Davidsons outside??
Give Tunisia a try. :tup
We went for the 1st time this March and loved it.
We usually go to Turkey twice a year but wanted a holiday in March and as there are no flights from our local airport to Turkey then we decided to try Tunisia.
I was very impressed and surprised at being able to put loo paper in the loo and not in a bin. :rofl
We stayed at the Abou Sofiane in Post el Kantaoui which is an excellent hotel in a beautiful resort. :sun2
we went to Tunisia in February this year (hammamet) and really really liked it, thought it was better than the Canary Islands for winter sun to be honest. Will definitely go back in March next year but to a different resort
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.