Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yes Johns oh he did right,i am a polite person and very mellow but this year i lost it a few times,so much so i came back and canceled my holiday to goa next year.
As I said in another post, we stay at a resort in the south as we like it it so much and were never pestered by sellers. It was usually all good natured and no problem at all. On our second visit of last year (in December), we were constantly pestered when we were on the beach and we, although normally being calm people, became stressed and were rude to several sellers who would not take no for an answer. I did not feel comfortable being rude as it isn't in my nature, but it got to the point that towards the end of the holiday, we just didn't want to go down to the beach.

In the 9 years I have been to Goa with my other half Ian, I have never felt like that.
  • Edited by sydney 2008-03-20 07:24:10
Hi everyone again,
We've been going to Sth Goa now for about 3yrs ( not long I know ). But it has and still is changing -- not for the best really . We go to relax and unwind , this is the first time though we've had any hassle from the beach sellers or more to the point 1 in particular.We go back to the same resort because we get on so well with everyone there and generally have a great time. No-one and nothing usually fazes John ,but sorry to say it did this time. I'm just so pleased the man took heed of his predicament and left fairly quick. John as I've said before is normally very mellow now , bit at 5'10" and weighing in at almost 14 stone ( most of it is still muscle but there is a bit of fat creeping in ) and then after 6yrs in the British Parachute Regiment and 12yrs in the French Foriegn Legion of which 7yrs was with their Special Forces Rapid Deployment Force - Chuiter Ops, I'm not about to step in and try to stop him if he decides enough is enough. Afterwards we did laugh about it and indeed still do. But for the life of me I don't understand why on earth some people cannot accept that " no thank you " means " no thank you". Anyway it never spoilt our holiday and because he likes to swim in the sea we still went to the beach at least once a day.
Personally i would say your special forces Rapid Deployment Force - Chuiter Ops french foreign legioner parachute regiment all muscley 5,10 johny seven was lucky to get away with his life.

Them beach sellers dont take nonsense from no one :smokin

Even I know my bounderies being a veteren of the cod war and would never knowingly antagonise a beach seller :roll:

But I dont like to mention too much about my service career :que
(during the war) :D :D
I'm always surprised to read about hassle by beach-sellers from people who are obviously regular visitors to Goa.
We've been to Candolim 6 times in the last 3 years and a lot of the beach sellers from previous times just say 'Hello' and walk past - they know by now we don't buy anything.
One older lady who does massages (Tara?) always stops the first time she sees us and asks how our family is.
The new ones try to sell but seem to acccept 'No thank you' fairly quickly.

I've never been rude (nice report, Carol - I think your hubby was quite restrained given the circumstances), they just don't seem to bother us.

Maybe it's the Hannibal Lecter-style mask that I wear.... :sun2
Oh my goodness- can just imagine my OH tipping the lounger over as well if that happened to us :rofl
My other half wouldn't turn over a sun lounger (he is too calm), he would expect me to do it. He would say "She, sort it out will you!" ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.