Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Sliema2,

So you sort of had a good time then. I don't even remember seeing beggars in Florence. I was in Rome for 4 days beforehand so maybe I saw all there was to be seen in that department there, and then I never noticed in Florence. :D

I really liked Florence, we stayed across the Arno, to the east. Like across the Ponte Vecchio, and then about a mile 'to the left' on the other side.

We loved wandering around the squares at night, watching the street entertainers. Also quite liked some restaurants there, although we found some not so good too. And there were a few bars dotted about too!

Where in September then? We're off to Vegas in September, then Australia in November. Being a bit greedy with holidays this year! Would like to get back to Sliema some time though, really liked it. Could really go a meal at Mamma Mia on Triq Il Torre right now!
Hi Lesley, it's nice to hear from you, yes we had a good time don't get me wrong, it just wasn't as much fun as dear old Malta, we enjoyed the touring and walking as always, and the food in the restaurants was pretty good, but Pisa was a bit weird for going out for a few beers at night time, there didn't seem to be that many bars that you could go in if you just wanted a cold beer, as regards beggars then there were loads in Pisa who would come up to you in cafes and things with there babies asking for money they soon got pretty short shrift, and there was also lots of beggars in the vicinity of the railway station in Firenze, like I said it was a good holiday and we are glad that we did it, but back to Sliema in September, November, February 2006 and then again probably all next year with the exception of Flanders in the autumn 2006, and possibly Germany at Easter, incidentally I to fancy a nice dinner in Sliema but something Maltese like octopus in garlic and wine, bragioli, or some fenek, oh well not long to go really.

Ciao for now
Sliema2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.