Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
kaminaki?
6 Posts
Sorry to tell you this Gill, but there is absolutely no night life in Kaminaki. There are a dozen or so holiday lets and two tavernas - that's it.

We stayed there for three nights in June. It is very quiet. It is also at the bottom of the steepest road I've ever seen.

I don't want to put you off - it is a pleasant spot and there are some wonderful places nearby, but you'll have to look elsewhere for late night drinks.
Can you reccommend any other resort...we want somewhere there are about a dozen tavernas, a few shops and for some reason we like a bay to swim in...or are we asking the impossible?
Thanks
Gill
If you're looking at Corfu then Paleokastritsa sounds ideal. Only word of warning is that the beaches will be rammed-full in high season,
yes I went there about 22 years ago and it was stunning, but can remember the sea being extremely cold and they said that the sea was at its coldest there, also I have searched the web for a villa that sleeps 6 and has a private pool close to the beach and there doesn't seem to be one?
do you know of any?
Gill
Gill - I had a swim at Paleo last week and the water was lovely.

You may want to look at Agni for villas - they're mainly on the north-east coast, including Kaminaki.

http://www.agni.gr/

Kalami may be worth considering. Aghios Stephanos (the north eastern one near Kassiopi) is our personal favourite, although it may be a little bit smaller than you're looking for (five tavernas, two bars).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.