General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Squirrel,

There's quite a few things you can do...........................but it's best not to mention them on the web - it would be like giving robbers the numbers to your safe. :cry

But for general security, things like hanging your beachbag on the inside top of your parasol is always good - thieves like to steal without being spotted. A brightly-coloured beachbag is good too - it stands out a little too much for a thief - and you can keep an eye on it while you're swimming.

I'll PM you with my own personal tips.

Strawberry
Of course...didn't think Strawberry! DOH....may have just given out my home address and dates we are away!

thank you for PM.....we are going to turkey which I know is an area of your expertise! Can't wait. It is just a shame that in today's age one has to be so much more aware of keeping safe. Remember fondly the days when Mum used to take me away 25years ago to Greece and eveything was as safe as houses!!!
I think you have the basics covered - not taking any jewellery, no camera etc. We dont take any cash to the beach apart from a few coins to buy a drink etc but we buy a waterproof container so that we can keep the small amount of money we do have on us when we swim.

I dont ask anyone to "look after" our belongings but always try to make conversation with the people sat next to us, that way, they know who you are and may notice if anyone strange is about.

If anyone is sad enough to want to take my old well used beach towels and a well travelled beach bag, they are welcome to them.

Sarah :)
We go AI which is a plus on the money front, however we still have our room key etc with us conveniently labelled with the number!! I suppose it would be more sensible to hand it into reception, except that's a pain if you want to keep popping back for all those bits the kids have forgotten!! What we do is take a rucksack which has lots of places to hide stuff in it, they also have clips which come in handy as you can wind the straps around the sunlounger/parasol in effect strapping it on making it very difficult for anyone to grab and run. If they were to rifle through trying to find stuff, it would be so obvious you would hope someone would notice.

Pam :)
We always try to sit next to a family or other couple and strike up a convesation with them too, then when you do go for a dip I suppose if they notice someone else looking through your stuff, they would say something. It works both ways. :wave:
For items like cash and credit cards, buy a small Aqua pac (MP3 size/or their 'keymaster' which is about 3") and just hang it around your neck. Its nice and light but most importantly,water proof.

http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/erol.html#600X0

Julie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.