Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
With regards to this hotel when we were there last year work had not started and friends who were there in September had heard about a large hotel being built
and bookings being take but work had not started yet, it seems it's a long way out of Lixouri town on XI or Megalaco beach which are beautiful but I would make more enquires as to this hotel being ready by next yeat I know the Greeks can do wonders during the winter months but I would not like your holiday spoilt espesiacally in Kefalonia as we love this Island.pojo
I have booked this hotel for August 2006 and was concerned as I had heard that building work had not yet commenced.

I contacted First Choice who told me that building work has started and all will ready for May 2006. Apparently the hotel is gradually built from 'pre-fab' style blocks.

It is going to be a fabulous hotel and in a lovely setting.
These Aqua Beach Complex's are being biult in Kos, Corfu, Kefalonia, all supposed to open in 2006 and everybody who has booked from all these Islands are worried it will not be ready, I think First Choice should be honest with people who have booked as no one likes to be let down with there holiday. people save all year for one or two weeks of relaxation and it's so disappointing don't t get what you expect have had a few problems in the past with Fitrst Choice and try to avoid dealing with them but as travel flight only many times must admit price does come into it.
pojo
The same problem is happening on Corfu. FC are taking bookings, yet there is no sign of any construction whatsoever. Apparently the build is being done in Athens, and then shipped over to the islands. Even this way it is highly unlikely that it will be ready for the 2006 season.

There are some good pictures of the proposed building site on Corfu which can be found at http://www.acharavi.com

FC are saying the site is in Acharavi, but is actually a good hours walk from the suppose complex. Added to this, just like all other AI Complexes, this will take trade away from the locals who are trying to run their own traditional accommodations, tavernas etc.

Get rid of the lot of them.
There is adverse information on the Corfu Beach Club, in that 'GOBEST' the Dutch equivalent of FC are refusing bookings until Sept 2006.
It appears that like the Kefalonia BC building work has only just started.
Having looked at the photos I cannot see how this hotel is going to be 100% ready for the Summer.(Surely they can't leave that sheer drop at the front of the hotel) Even if it is built, it still has to be staffed. A good quality hotel should be training their staff now reday for the summer.
Did a mock booking for all three beach clubs (Kefalonia, Kos and Corfu). Bookings could be seen for most dates for the Kefalonia and the Kos Aqua Beach Clubs, but the Corfu one, all the dates are show as unavailable.!!!!)
Sorry, should have stated these mock booking where done on the GoBest (Dutch) website. **very easy to use**
Does anyone know if the hotel is being built by a sandy beach, in the First choice brochure it does say beachfront location, but just wandered if anyone could confirm. Thanks
HI,

building started late last year.
There are photos of progress on a couple of sites.
Try this link
http://www.agni.gr/kefalonia_travel_guide/message_boards/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=57&TopicID=12831&PagePosition=1
There is discussion abouth the hotel and a link to pictures
Hi,
I'm probably one of the lucky ones after reading all these posts, in that myself, wife and 2 kids go in July, but my boss goes in May, needless to say I may have time to change my mind!

I shall have a better idea of build progress when he returns and shall inform this site.

Good luck, and remember "a holiday is what you make it"
Unfortunately although there is a beach at the location what you see in the brochures will be very much assisted by the developers.
Here's the natural beach
http://kefalonia.smugmug.com/photos/60145892-M.jpg

other piccies of progress at

http://www.ionian-island.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1142017365

kefallon
Hi

The KABC discussion topic on http://www.agni.gr has been closed down. Visit:

http://www.ionian-island.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=kabc

where you find a whole area dedicated to the KABC with several topic including photographs, members travelling dates and construction news and views.

Dave B
Just out of interest, why has the discussion forum been closed down on the agni site? Have been accessing this site over the last few months and have found it to be very informative. Cheers Tracey
Apparently the topic was closed because "the thread got rather heated"
On the contrary.

The posts started to publish the truth about the development and possible delays. The site owner became concerned about legal reprisals and decided to close the topic.

Dave B
Not really surprised, that's what originally happened to the original Corfu Aqua Beach Club posts, which basically said that the brochure descriptions and photos bore no resemblence to what was on site in Corfu (basically nothing).

As FC had published erroneous details in both the brochures and website it was all pretty easy to prove.

It was only when it was plainly obvious that the build would not be completed on time that we were able to post anything on the subject.

Mind you the owner is in a difficult situation as he is resident in Greece and therefore subject to Greek law, he is also subject to personal physical attacks from those who don't like free and open discussion.
ok have now read all the posts for the kefa beach club and i have to say ...whats the problem?
we booked for 2 weeks in aug 2006 and the booking was made in sept 2005.
we knew it was to be a new hotel and that construction was not even under way when we booked.
everyone knew that.
first choice are members of abta and atol so everyone is covered by these bodies.
if the hotel is not ready , first choice will offer an alternative holiday of equal quality or give a full refund, so i say once again ...no worries.
Fawnie

Yes, you're OK going in August, as I am. Some people are due to go on 23 May 2006, including a honeymoon couple. They are still being told by First Choice that it will be ready and yet Dutch Tour operator has started cancelling some May holidays.

Look at

http://www.ionian-island.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1142674398;start=all

to see the problems that people are having. Take a good look at ALL the pictures that are available.

Whilst it is true that they are obliged to provide an alternative holiday of equal quality or give a full refund, what will be available at the last moment ? There are certainly no other all inclusive holidays available in Kefalonia. A full refund - but people want a holiday, not the money.

I think that you comments are made from a position of safety and not knowing all of the facts.

Dave B
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.