Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
There is a new hotel on the Almiros end of Acharavi beach opeing this summer called at the moment Almiros village. It will be all inclusive. It does not fit the description on their website, especially with regards to the pools.I think it is going to be the NEW one which is going to built at the furthest end of Almiros beach. 40 mins walk from Acharavi centre. This is also rumoured to be all inclusive and with First Choice involvement.
Cant tell you much as there is nothing to see yet.
Thanks alot castaway, i thought that it probably wasn't even built yet, especially as you can't book it for this year and the fact i can't find anything else out about it.
If you could keep me posted when there is anything to know i would be grateful.
Thanks again. :D
Hi Michelle,

We have just recently booked this hotel for next July. I myself saw it in the First Choice Brochure and thought it looked fantastic. I am hoping to get some information from someone who is going over there on 20th June so if I find out anything I will certainly let you know. We are going for 2 weeks and actually managed to get a good deal and a free child place. Hope this help you.

From
Jane
Thanks Jane,
It does look great doesn't it? I am a bit concerned about the fact that it doesn't sound like they have even started building yet. So if you do find out anything it would be great if you could let me know.
:lol: Hi Michelle,

I have just telephoned First Choice because I myself was starting to get my doubts that it hadn't been built or wouldn't be finished and they said that everything is on schedule and that it is going to be open to the first guests in May. It is apparently a 4 star plus and if you do decide to book and it is not completed or it is not to your satisfaction you can have a refund, change your hotel. The lady stated that it is in their best interest for it to be completed by the due date. Hope this helps you a little.

Jane
Hi there, i've been hounding my local First Choice travel agency,as well as the First Choice customer services for more information about this complex as well as the two other new complexs due to open in 2006.
No one seems to know anything about them other than whats in the brochure, i can't get any info about any hotel chain they may to belong to so i can e-mail them for information, all i really want to know is whether they'll realistically be ready on time, and whether they'll have salt or fresh water pools.....all seems very top secret to me.
I can't believe someone can't pick up the phone to make some enquiries.
i have also booked to go on holiday in the aqua beach club for may 2006, i am also a little worried that it wont be ready in time for as as it is right at ther start of the season. looks like im going to be the guiney pig...haha i shall let u all know how it goes as soon as i get back :lol:
As yet construction has not started on the Corfu Aqua club. There is an archaelogical dig being carried out on the site, where they have discovered a burial ground dating back to 500 BC. An Acharavi based forum will post updates as progress is made corfu-acharavi.com
I have just booked to go to the aqua beach club in june 2006, I am taking 4 children for the first time abroad so we are all really excited. I didn't realise when I booked it that it hadn't been built yet!! If anyone has any info on the progress i'd really appreciate it. :D
Keep an eye on the Acharavi forum mentioned in above post, updates will be posted as they happen. No news yet, Archaelogical dig still going on, no construction, though some bulding supplies have now been delivered.
i must be mad booked aqua beach for next year before it is built.this year going to another first choice holiday that has just been built in turkey which had loads of problems when first opened,this one will be ready in time ( i hope )
Did you know that the Beach club had been downgraded to a 3 *Plus rather than a 4*
I paid £60 to change my holiday from the aqua beach club and I have been in touch with trading standards who have been in touch with Abta becasue you should not have to pay if they have changed the rating, trading standards have been trying to speak to First Choice all day and they keep getting passed from dept to dept so they are now going to write to them. Anyone in the same position should also contact trading standards as what they have in their brochure is not what I paid for. If you book onto the internet a box pops up now after you press "book this" to say that 1. the transfer is now 1 hr 30 mins and 2. it is now a 3* not 4* as advertised. I booked through a travel agent and was not told this, if you are relying on a brochure you expect this to be correct.
None of the of the Pool / waterpark photos on the First Choice Club Aqua Kos or Corfu websites actually relate to these properites. The photos actually come from the unrelated website for the Aqualand water park in Corfu.

If you look around the aqualand website you will be able to find all the photos that are being passed off as club aqua facilities.

http://www.aqualand-corfu.com/main2.htm
I think you should dig deeper Sherlock! There is a connection, the owner of Aqualand is also involved in these clubs, thats why they are using those pictures.
but not a legitimate connection - as in the photos on the club aqua website are not of club aqua.

I did have some suspicions regarding a possible connection between the ownership of rhe development and others as I realise that the owners of aqualand also own a number of other resorts.

However,whilst this explains where the photos came from and how they came to be used, it does not justify First Choice passing them off as something that does not as yet even exist.
What has happened to the Archarvi Forum link when you click onto the site it states that it no longer exists. Has anyone heard anymore about the Aqua Beach Club building work (that is if they have even started to build the hotel yet).

Jane Lesley
Sadly it seems that someone with a hidden agenda hacked the Corfu Acharavi forum whilst the site owner was in Corfu, they are trying to restore it. I will find somewhere to post the photos to keep people up to date with building work.

Note for Mods: are we allowed to post photos here, ie can I post the photos of the projected building site of the Corfu Aquaclub here?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.