Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
We have booked to go to the Corfu aqua club next june 2006 with my wife and two young children and after reading all the other other messages and looking at the photos, Ihave e-mailed Fist Choice with my concerns about the propertyand i am still waiting for a response. I will give them a week to reply, otherwise I will be in the First Choice shop in sunny Blackpool demanding either a full refund or re-booking to a similar 4* property. Im glad I found this web site. Keep up the good work
I have still not had a reply to my e-mail from First Choice yet about my concerns.They must be either inundated with enquires about the aqua beach or they know that something is very wrong with the building schedule and hopefully they are deciding what to do about it.
More often than not the lack of response is because they hope you will give up and go away. I would suggest a registered letter may be more effective.
I have set six emails with no response
e-mails are no good, I phoned loads of times and basically got told that I should have known newly built meant in the process of being built!!! I mean how on earth was I to know that, I told them that I wanted to take it further and asked for an address that I could write and complain to. The lady who phoned me was very apologetic and gave me a full refund straight away. Do not be fobbed off, if you are not happy then take it as far as you can, you are within your right to complain! There are not enough people who stand up to these companies and that is why they get away things like this. :twisted:
Personally I would have everything in writing, e mails are not legal documents and its easy for them to say " I never said that" when your refund doesnt arrive.

Somebody here is worried, it is no accident that a local man, the main objector to this building, who owns some adjoining land, was recently attacked and hospitalised .
i was booked to go to the beach club on 5th may...but since reading all on here i have contacted fc and i am now booked to go to the kos aqua beach club on 7th june. they changed it free of charge but i had an extra £100 to pay for the holiday...cheep at half the price i say...i think i would advise u all to do the same...its just as the corfu one but with a few other extras. also its nearer a main town...i think about 15 mins from kos town. And its on its way to being built...the aqua park has been started and is almost finished so they should be starting the rest very soon....good luck all hope u take my advice :o :D :lol: :wink: xxx katie
I wish u look with the Aqua beach club in Kos Katie. I hope nobody is looking to book at the Kefalonia beach club, beacause my mum and dad are in the same resort now, and nothing has been built there yet either because permission has not been granted yet to build a access road to the hotel. It looks like to me that First Choice has bitten off more than it can chew with these new build properties.Off to First Choice shop tomorrow to sort it out!!!!!!!
REMINDER

Please note that our Terms & Conditions do not allow the use of phone text message style abbreviations.

To prevent having any of your messages removed, please avoid use of text style abbreviations in future posts.

Many thanks
David :wave
We went in First Choice shop armed with photos and all the postings about the Corfu Aqua Club and we had no problem in changing our holiday at no extra cost what so ever. We are now going to the 4* Louis Royal Palace in Zante in June (which been built for a number of years lol). The hotel was only a extra £35, well worth it in my opinion. Probably go to Corfu in 2007 depending on customers feedback after its been open for a year. Good look, and if you are going to change your holiday DONT pay any cancellation charges what so ever!!!!! :D
Having just arrived from Acharavi I can confirm that there is no building work in progress at this time. There has been a small amount of shallow digging going on but believe that this was just archaeological works connected with this former ancient cemetry. I have new photos from the site, but they are virtually identical to those already published.

It looks as though all building will take place in the winter and this does pose problems, winter in Corfu can be very wet and can hamper building efforts if it is very rainy.

The most recent all-inc Almiros Gardens / Village suffered and opened 6 weeks late.
Hi All IF you look under med hotel they are doing the Corfu aqualand, it shows you all the plans of the aquapark, so they must have permission to build the road, but the p,lans are exatly the same as the Kos aqualand, so is the company who are building this complex building them identicale. :?:
I think you may be confusing Corfu Aqualand water park and holiday complex which is completed. The same owner of Aqualand is a partner in the The Corfu Aquaclub and the Kos Aqua club, hence the photos. The Corfu Aquaclub in Almiros, that First Choice describe as Acharavi, is a planned project, having architechtural plans does not necessarily mean they have official government and local building permission. In this case there is a problem with their building permission, and there is considerable local objection to the project . There is still no construction work started .
:oops:

Please can anyone out there help me. I am booked to go to this hotel in July 2006 and have now decided that I want to go somewhere else other than Corfu. Rang FC several times and they keep telling me that they will not waiver the administration costs. I have stated to them that other people seem to be getting their costs waivered and yet they keep telling me I have to pay.

They stated to me that if I had to get other people's booking references who had booked at this hotel so they could see that their costs had been waivered.

Can anyone out there help or tell me where I go from here.

Thanks

Jane Lesley
Oh dear, 1st make sure that every call you make you make a note of date & time, and who you spoke to, always ask their name and make a note of what was said.
I suggest PM'ing the others who have changed /cancelled holidays without charge and see who they spoke to,try to speak to the same person.DO NOT GIVE UP. They work on the principle that you will. You have the right , their brochure description by which you booked your holiday was wrong and misleading. It is the 26th September , no work has started on the hotel, you are right to be concerned.
Hi like everyone else, I have booked to go to this hotel which currently stands as a barren piece of land with no beach in sight! the booking i have made is for 18 people, 18 very unhappy people, with which the majority are children. This holiday was only booked unknown to ourselves after much thought and contemplation as to where to go, we finally settled on this resort as it looked absolutely fab, then we found out it wasn't even built yet and doesn't even look like it's going to be in the near future. We booked on the 17th Sept, then tried to change it on the 21st, which is now where we have a problem, FC are wanting to charge us an astronimical admin fee for doing so unless we can provide names and dates of other people who have already changed their holiday from this piece of barren land to something else free of charge, if there is anyone out there that can help us please can you do so.
Thanks
Emily & 17 other unhappy people :evil:
Has anyone actually got any photos of this site. I contacted FC who said building had begun. Cheers Tel.
The link to the photos is in an earlier post: Acharavi Forum
and All inclusive debate.
As of today work has most definitely not started.
Hi All, We went to PP at the end of August had a fantastic time, they did not start to build this until last Nov,but still had most of the building work done by June, if i has booked to go the first week it opens i would be worried as 20 famies are in the process of getting some sort of compensation, i would ask FC if you could just change the date of booking without any admin fee and see what they say. :hmmm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.