Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Many thanks for the trip report.

It sounds like you have mixed feelings about the trip, but may feel better about it once you have time to reflect. However if you don't go, you won't know so you were right to try it out.

luci :wave
I don't know how I missed this.
Leela- I had always assumed a Leela was a high quality establishment so its suprising to hear what you found.
Blue Water- this is the hotel we would have chosen to stay at when we were originally planning to go to Sri Lanka. I changed my mind as I wasn't happy with the political situation then. I did actually wonder if the hotel was also a bit remote from anything. Mind you, many of the hotels we looked at were similar.
Thanks for taking the time to write the report
Enjoyed reading the report Pete, we are off to Kerala in March (1st time) after 4 visits to Goa fancy a change, am not expecting it to live up to Goa for beaches and beach shacks etc, so hopefully wont be disappointed :)
We stayed in the Leela in 2006 and it was stunningly good. We ate out at 3rd Rock from the Sun at Samadra beach, a good walk away but well worth it. Superb food. We returned in 2010 and stayed elsewhere but returned to the 3rd Rock which lived up to expectations. Kovalam compares very favourably with Baga and Calangute in Goa, neither of which have any appeal for me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.