Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
khans tent
24 Posts
is there a web addy for khans tent
M&B were thinking of giving this trip a go,not sure how much it is but i think the admission price includes meal and drink.were staying at sever/yug think our hotel is near to were your staying :) thanks
Hi,We went to Khans tent last year,booked with our travel rep and was not worth the money we paid for it.You do get your meal included in the price but you only get 1 bottle of wine free after that you have to pay,also the children were only given coke we asked for fanta for my son and again were told he could only have 1 free.We were seated at the back and couldnot see the entertainment at all,we ended up spending alot on drinks and as we were staying at an AI hotel would have been better off staying at the hotel.
the lady on the till in asda today recomended this place, says she had a blast
My girlfriend and i went to Khans tent last year and had a fantastic time.
We are off to Bulgaria again this year and will have another night at Khans tent for sure!
Well worth a visit in my opinion.

Jase.
Just for your information-Khan's Tent is the best restaurant in Sunny Beach.It has also the best variety program and the tourists like it very much that's why it is full every night all the summer and you can only book it like an excursion in a tourist office.it costs about 50 lv. and this inclides the transport to the restaurant of course.On your own you can go in similar restaurant-"Jujni noshti"("South Nights")It is also very good and the program is wonderful so i recommend it to you
We visited Khans tent in July and highly recommend it. We went through Balkan, it did cost £20, meal, drinks included. We did have more than one bottle of wine, we had 9 bottles on the table with only 6 people. Meal is 3 course and very nice, and the entertainment is excellent.
Khan's Tent is full most ot the times. so if you are staying for 1 week i'm not sure you'll get places. They are other restaurants with night show - Yuzni Noshti and Bulgarian Village - "Golden Barrel" Restaurant. They have show program for adults, for kids.
HIi on the subject of Khans tent yes you can book it yourself and you can also get a taxi driver to take you up and get in without pre booking this is also possible at southern nights and most of the other popular places you dont have to go with your tour company
True, Khans Tent can be reserved for larger groups. We had such kind of party last month, there were over 50 ppl at the p'tee. The show program was awesome, including the total destruction of two baked lambs :wink: and the chef was wearing that weird clothing of the ancient steppe Bulgars, and was wielding two extraodrinarily huge knives while he was chopping enormous portions from the meat for us. Marvellous!
'Just for your information-Khan's Tent is the best restaurant in Sunny Beach'

Sorry discolazur, but I think we must have been to completely different Khan's Tents! We got back this am after two weeks in SB and probably one of the tackiest nights we had - and one of the poorer meals by a long chalk - was at Khan's Tent. We thought it would be traditional Bulgarian entertainment (it is named after a major Bulgarian historical figure Khan Krum after all). What did we get? A four piece band singing Delilah (I'm Welsh, so I'm allowed to knock it), can-can girls (errm... French, surely?) a plate-spinning clown (Val Doonican show circa 1972) and three blokes dressed as women (and that appeared to be the punchline of their 10-minute act, I kid you not). The only star of the night was the contortionist, who was a quality act that for her own credibility should be performing somewhere completely different.

And as for the food? The shopska salad was good (but how wrong could you get with tomato, cucumber and grated cheese), followed by a potato fritter, followed by chicken in a frankfurter (German, surely?) sauce, all rounded off by bubble-gum flavoured ice cream cake!

The only redeeming feature of the whole night was making a couple of new friends at our table - a table that, because it was not right at the front, made seeing most of the acts a literal pain in the neck.

My advice - save your 54lv per person and go find a good, real Bulgarian restaurant instead.
I have written "variety"program not "folklore" and i didn't write anything for the meals because i didn't taste them.and i say that it is the best because this is the opinion of the most of the tourists.and the fact that it is every night full...but of course every person has personal opinion so you are not obligated to like it...
Hi Tom Cat
Sorry tom say but you were ripped off. We only paid 42 leve each and had exactlt same entertainment and food as you at Khan's tent. I thought it was a fantastic show. Me and my husband and the people who we were sat with loved it also. The food was fine. It was tasty, nothing really special, but they did have lots of people to serve and I think they did a marvelous job. I am glad I went along. I did not really care for the band as the music theye played was real middle of the road stuff and i really prefer rock music, however, they can't please everyone. I would definitely recommend Khan's tenet to anyone thinking of goi8ng to Sunny Beach. A good night out.
Dizz xx
Aye discolazur is so right, its all up to personal tastes.
there seems to be a lot of moaning about this excursion. we paid £20 a head for the trip through our first choice rep ok we may have payed a little over the odds but for £20!!!!

A 4 course meal bottle of wine some soft drinks and raiki

followed by what i thought was a good show....

for something not even half as good would cost you an easy £50 back home

was definately one of the best nights we had while in bulgaria, and the food was fine... some people expect far too much

:bhead
"..."
  • Edited by Spazz 2005-10-12 06:18:06
Juat a gentle reminder for all members to abide by the terms and conditions of the site - in particular number 3
Show respect and courtesy to all other users

Kath HT Admin
Number 3 of the Terms & Conditions which we all agree to abide by when we register....

T&Cs HERE

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.