Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Koh Samui
10 Posts
if you go into Chaweng it is very lively. Lots of restaurants on the beach as well- but no shacks as you are used to in Goa.
Fiona can you suggest some where to stay that's near enough to walk into chaweng at night but is quietish during the day.
Which is the best time to go nov/march ?

Thanx Fiona..

P.S So sorry we did'nt meet up in Goa i really looked forward to meeting you..Oh well maybe another place/time..
I would avoid November if I were you- its too unpredicatable. Only stayed in the Chaweng Regent which seems in a busy place but is a real oasis. I prefer to stay out of Chaweng and stay at Bophut which is an easy 10 mins taxi away from Chaweng. Chaweng does have a lot of great restaurants and bars. Bophut also has plenty to keep us happy :)
Sleep , Chaweng Noi is a quieter area just a few minutes into Chaweng 'proper' there is a very nice hotel there called The Imperial Samui.
Were going to samui end of may for our silver wedding .tryed to get it touch with the bandara resort hotel to sort something special with no joy. even phoned them that was an experiance lol any thoughts anybody :rofl sorry just thinking about the phone call :rofl
Hiya Sleeps - we stayed in Cheong mon beach which is a short taxi ride into Chaweng. Loads of little restaurants on beach and in my opinion a lot nicer than Goa which we still like and because it's easier to get to but Thailand is our favourite.
Thank you people.I will look at those places you mentioned its just decideing wheres the best place for us to stay,theres so much info to read it will keep me busy for a while.
I always enjoy the researching bit sleeps :)
Hiya, we went to Koh Samui in June 06 and stayed at the Chaba Cabana beach resort. This was my first visit to thailand...and I cried coming home! Koh samui has everything, gorgeous beaches and great nightlife. The Chaba Cabana was a short tuk tuk ride from the main bars/reatsaurants but there were several dotted along the beach that we spent a lot of time in. Going to Phi Phi and Phuket this year..cant wait! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.