Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Try this very comprehensive website for ferries between islands. You can even pre-book your seats with them.
http://paleologos.forth-crs.gr/english/npgres.exe?PM=BR
Kath
thanks for that - found a similar one online but was saying stuff like ddepart at 6am arrive at 3am!!! so didnt trust it

this one seems more like it thank you so much
It is very easy there are 2 hydrofoils, 2 catamarans and 1 conventional ferry per day running on that route.
Hydrofoils roughly 08:00,18:00
Catamarans roughly 08:00,16:00
Conventional ferry 03:00-04:00
The conventional ferries and catamarans depart Kos from the main quay south side of harbour by the castle, the hydrofoils from a small quay 500 yds to the south.

I use 'Hermes' travel in Kos town for ferry tickets just behind the city bus station. Just buy them the day before or as soon as you arrive on Kos.

In Rhodes town the hydrofoils arrive/dep from Mandraki harbour, Catamarans from Kolona quay 500 yd south, and conventional ferries from the main ferry quay 500 yd further on.

Always check timings and departure points with the ticket agents.
The hydrofoils/cats are 2x speed and price of the conventional ferry.
ouzo - thank you for that information its sooooo helpful. will probably just wait and book once we arrive saying as theres 5 options a day - were sure to get on 1 of them.

:thanks
THe Dodecanese Pride/Express catamaran is about the same price as the hydrofoil and for me, is much preferable (you can sit outside!) - neither is cheap - but they're quick and reliable - if you get one of the main line ferries, those generally are delayed!

Enjoy - I love the Dodecanese! Don't wish to confuse the issue, but just hopping up from Kos to Patmos and back has a lot to recommend it - the islands in between are all very different!
when you say neither is cheap - what rough cost you talking?

priced up a ferry online was somthing stupid like 15 euros each!!!! soooo cheap
http://www.12ne.gr/en/Routes/Fares.aspx 27.60 euros single! But it does only take 2.5 hours - the old DANE boats used to take 4 hours plus....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.