Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
if you were to post saying where the boat trips actually went maybe we could answer???

There's various trips from rhodes but i doubt they go to the same places as the turkish ones as it's a seperate country,unless you mean the ferry over to turkey(marmaris or datcha)?

In october all boat trips from Rhodes can be hit and miss due to the high winds in the Aegean but unless you're there late in the month i doubt you'll have a problem. There's the trip to Symi,you can get a ferry ocer to Halki,there's various trips up and down the east coast,mainly between rhodes/kalithea/faliraki and lindos. there's very few excursions that go along the west coast due to the rough seas along that side of the island,the only place the boats can come in really in Kamiros skala,(which serves as the departure point for the halki ferry). catamarans and hydrofoils run to various other islands daily from Rhodes ferry port.

If you're staying anywhere near Rhodes town go down to Mandraki harbour where the excursion boats moor up late afternoon and see what deals you can get for the following morning,you'll get a much better price than your rep will give you for the exact same trip
to elaborate a little the boat trips we did in Turkey went out at 11.00 and came back at 1830 with a meal thrown in and free soft drinks .This was great value at 12 pounds each ,I suspect we will not get anywhere near that price in rhodes
yes but boat trips where and doing what???

there's countless trips you can do mate,as for prices,greece and turkey have completely different economies,currencies and cultures so it's not really possible to compare the 2
asI posted a seven and half our trip down any coastline for twelve pounds, the best ive seen in rhodes was 15 euro for a two hour trip ,just wondered if you can get anywhere near the good value of Turkish trips in Rhodes
to be honest 7 hours on a boat sounds like hell on earth to me,but there's plenty of trips as with all places,go into a travel agent out there to book,never with your reps,they charge on top purely to get their sales comissionb
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.