Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi welcome to HT you can read our members resort reports for this venue here

when we went for the day it was verry mixed in people and age groups

wizard
thanks for that, I did see in an other post that you were going to the Hotel Aegean Village in Kardamena, it looks a nice hotel, what is Kardamena like? it sounds a lively place especially at night.
Not massively lively if you go May, June, Sept or Oct.

Recommend the Aparthotel Pelagos, situated a 2/3km outside Kos Town at Lambi. Not a great beach at Kos Town, but you wont need that if you stay at the Pelagos.

Day trips to Turkey a must!
hi we went to kos town last year and are booked again to fly out in june this year. we loved it it has a very cosmopolaton feel about it not just english voices everywhere you go. it can get lively if you go down bar street but for a lovely evening walk round the harbour try all the restauraunts its fab. our only gripe with the bars on the front where there are mainly only eating houses felt uncumfy just calling for a beer. but hey give it ago you will love it we do. we took 2 kids 12 and 15 plus grandparents 61 n 60 they all loved it too. cheers phil.
like many places around greece Kardamena can be as lively or quiet as you want it.. to be honest we dont often go in in the evening ut do during the day to sit in one of the harbour side taverna's and people watch, i understand barstreet [one back from the harbour] gets a bit loud in the main season

i did post a review last year [brian & jean] it was one of the few places the other half wanted to return to

wizard
I went to Kos Town 5 years ago just myself, my 12 year old son and 12year old nephew, it was a lovely place not too quiet but also if you want livelyyou can have it but you don't have to.

I have just booked for me and my husband to go back in May - staying at the Bahamas hotel (its got great reviews) Try the link below it has lovely pictures and video of Kos Town, gives you a bit of a feel for how cosmopolitan it is.

http://www.travel-to-kos.com/place.php?place_id=23
thanks
I found http://www.travel-to-kos.com/place.php?place_id=23 a very useful site, I can't wait until July.
Fred - We went last year, first two weeks of July, and stayed in continental palace in psalidi - nice hotel, nice people, about 20 minute stroll along the seafront into kos town.
Some of the hotels in Psalidi are a few kilometers further away though. Kos town very nice, bar street easily avoided if you dont like it.
Some nice boat trips around the islands or turkey ( book at the boats not with the tour operators ).
Plenty of places to hire a car and driving was easy - see the whole island in a day.
Hi we're going to Kos in the summer and staying at the continental Palace aswell. So keep those hints and tips coming

thanks

karen
Hi Karen,
Continental Palace is nice, all the staff really friendly, bar and food prices good, nice pool etc, the only complaint we had was the air con in our room was pretty poor, this seems to be hit and miss because some people said theirs was very good, if your not happy then see Irene on reception and they will sort it out. Try nothos beach across the road, not a brilliant beach but Nikos the bar owner will make you very welcome, the food there is good too.
For car hire - shop around - the hotel can be a bit expensive.

Mark
Thanks for the tips Mark, count down has allready started for us. We're going on the 31st July so its a while away yet.

I'v checked out all the reviews on the hotel and they're all pretty positive so hope that continues.

Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.