Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
HI - depends on waht you want, but definately the Old Town for atmosphere - as its your honeymoon try either Hotel S Nikolis or the Cava D'Oro http://www.cavadoro.com/ http://www.s-nikolis.gr/

Have a wonderful time
Most accommodations are not far from Rhodes town. You could stay at a hotel that's on the beach and taking a taxi to the Old town is not far. Not unless you stay towards the South of the island then it's far.
Resorts like Ixia, Kalithea, Faliraki have beautiful hotels. Rhodes Palladium is nice. You'll be close to Kalithea/Faliraki where you can stroll into town(don't believe all the media about Faliraki) and also near Rhodes town for romantic walks in the Old Town.
Hope this helps.
Most people choose to stay in the new town area and walk into the old town as the old town tends to offer more basic accommodation.
There's a vast choice of hotels in the new town to suit all tastes and budgets. I do know a few of the city hotels as i worked on the island a few years back so if there's anywhere in particular you're considering just ask - can't guarantee i'll know it but i'll help if i can! :)
Rhodes town is lovely but do get out n about to see a bit more of the island if u can, u won't be disappointed!
the thing is i live in marmaris and am planning to go to rhodes by hydrofoil. I am looking for a cheapish hotel which i can book direct. Don't know if you can help marcus?
Try the Hotel Alexia. Tel:00 30 22410 24061. Reasonable, basic and clean.Also Nafsika, 00 30 22410 21996. HTH.
Thanks for that. Have you stayed at this hotel yourself?
I have located it on the internet, but they only show a small picture of an indoor bar area.
Is there anything you can tell me about this hotel, such as does it have a restaurant, swimming pool, sunbathing deck? Is it near to the beach? Is it in the old or New town? How far from everything etc.
Thanks xx
Hi, i lived at the Alexia for a couple of months one year. It's a decent (though not plush), friendly place to stay.
As i remember the restaurant only serves breakfast and there is no pool or sunbathing area.
The hotel is in the new town and in an excellent spot! 8) On the corner of Orfandinou, the main street for bars, it's just 1 street away from the beach and there's plenty of restaurants/shops nearby. The old town and harbour are about a 10 min. walk.
I have emailed this hotel directly and they have quoted 320 euros for 2 people for 10 days. This includes a free transfer from the port to the hotel and a fruit basket and bottle of chamagne in our room.
Do you think this is a good deal?? I am very tempted. The only thing that bothers me is that there is no pool at the hotel.
Another thing I wanted to know is, what are the prices like for eating out in Rhodes town?
Doesn't seem a bad price as it is in a great location. I'd just check how much it would be without transfers from the port (if u paid yourself it should cost approx 10euros and there's always taxis at the port).
If u check with the hotel there might be somewhere nearby u can use a pool if u pay for the sunbeds as some do let in none hotel guests if it's extra revenue. If not the sea is not even 5 mins walk away.
You'll find prices more expensive than Marmaris i'm afraid but restaurants in the new town area are much cheaper than in the old town (which can be a rip off).
Ok, thanks for that.
When i emailed to enquire I asked what special deal the man could do as it was our honeymoon and the transfer was included in this deal.
What would you say would be the average cost of a meal out?
That seems a fair price for the Alexia. It's very basic but friendly. They have snacks now as well as a continental breakfast, pizza etc. I believe they have an arrangement with the Blue Sky hotel at the other end of Orfanidou St. across the roundabout (not as far as it sounds!) to use their pool but as Marcus points out the sea is seconds away. Anne
I'd expect to pay about £10/15 per head including wine, though at some restaurants in the old town u could easily double that!

Hope u have a great time!! :D
Accommodation is entirely dependant on your budget.

You can find good quality 4* hotels from around 50euro per room, per night. up to luxury and boutique style hotels that will cost a small fortune.

As it's your honeymoon I would suggest one of the better hotels, they tend to be in a good location and provide 'comforts' to make your honeymoon memorable for all the 'right reasons'

sub
got to be the new town , i went for the first time this year
and loved it . the old town is wonderful for eating and dining and shopping , and some of the hotels are really nice, which ever you choose you will have a great time .
Can I suggest the Ibiscus? It's got a small pool, is opposite Elli Beach, and only a short stroll from Mandrakis Harbour and the Old Town. The staff are very friendly, and if you tell them it's your honeymoon, I'm sure they'll pull out all the stops.
You can suggest it but this post is from way back - 2005!

The honeymoon will be well and truly over now... i hope the marriage isn't! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.