Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Rhodes town
7 Posts
We stayed at the Ibiscus Hotel last year, just across the road from Elli Beach which is the main beach, there is another beach backing on to the town but it can be a bit windy. Less people, though. The beaches are rather pebbly, and Elli beach can get quite crowded. We enjoyed it though, and you can never see too much of the Old Town. If you go look for the Socratous Gardens, in my opinion one of the best spots for food and drink in town. A real hidden gem!
I love Rhodes town.As Cricketwatcher says the beaches are pebbly but a short taxi ride takes you to Zephiros beach which is lovely.There's so much to see and do in town, especially in the Old town and you can be as chilled or as manic as you wish in the evenings.There's an enormous choice for eating/drinking, with all nationalities catered for.I just love the whole island and return again and again, winter and summer. I hope you have a fabulous time --------you've certainly started to plan early for it!! :D
falaraki isnt so bad you know it has quietened down a lot and it does have a marvelous stretch of beach. i would recomend the hotels just on the outskirts of falaraki near the water park they are in a quiet area ( either comes under falaraki or kalithea in brochures) but you can easily get to falaraki or rhodes town by bus or taxi from them and at least you have a quiet retreat. my favourite beach is zambika which is off the road between falaraki and lindos you cant miss it as it is signposted. i also love rhodes and return year after year and have made some wonderful greek friends, their hospitality is second to none and rhodes old town never fails to enchant me. just remember it is a different culture with different standards and once you accept that you will see the beauty of rhodes and its people
And you can catch the ferry to Symi.
Hi shirley h, As aerdna rightly said, there is nothing wrong with Faliraki, we stayed at Orion Apartments which are through Kosmar. These are off Bar Street on the outskirts of town. They have their own restaurant which was the best in Faliraki when we stayed there. On production of your room key, you got a free carafe of wine with your meal. We went on a jeep safari which was money well spent. In addition to the ferry to Symi, you can also pop across to Marmaris in Turkey !!!! As others have said, Rhodes Old Town is a must see. Before you go, look up the history of the Knights of St. John, a fascinating story.

Les
I think you've just convinced me that we ARE going to visit Rhodes next year as well!

Now to decide where to stay - Rhodes town or one of the other resorts. We have friends with a villa in the Pefkos-Lindos area, but it's far too expensive for the type of accomodation we go for - a quiet apartment, with easy access to all facilities!

Will read the reviews board and also checkout HolidayLettings, Holiday Rentals & OwnersDirect sites to see what they have to offer - have used them before and had good deals.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.