Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
rhodes town
10 Posts
Manoussos isn't bad.When we stayed there (about 6 years ago) the reception area was stylish but the bedrooms were not the same standard. The Grand on the front is probably about the best and if in the front, you'll have a great view across to Turkey and some beautiful sunsets..I don't think the town is more expensive than other resorts but be very careful in the Old Town. ALWAYS look at price lists even if it's just a couple of small beers, especially around the squares.Rhodes is a wonderful island, lots to see and do.Obviously the weak pound against the euro has made a difference to prices but reasonably priced meals are available.
As above i'd say the Grand is the best option for Rhodes town,but it depends if you're a beach goer or not as Eli beach isn't really the best,all stones and can be extremely windy,as can most of the west side of the island. Many of the restaurants,bars etc in town are very much geared up for the day tripping cruise ship passengers that mob the place in peak season rather than the resort based tourists,it's not what i'd class as a holiday resort myself and most of the more resort type hotels tend to be round in the western edges of the town in Ialysos/Ixia, evening wise again the resort type bars with entertainment tend to be in ixia although there are plenty in Rhodes itself,with the best ones being in the old town,however as said,the old town can be VERY expensive,the bars in the new town on orfinidou street are mostly geared towards young continental types,like the scandinavian version of british 18-30's and elsewhere in the newer part of town many of the better places are geared more towards the greeks. That said the town is beautiful,the shopping is pretty good if you're feeling flush and there's ample transport from mandraki harbour or the main bus station that will get you around the island and to neighbouring islands fairly cheaply.

Not really sure what else i can tell you but personally speaking i'd go for a 'resort' myself,but if you are struck on 'town' as we call it and don't mind one of the big international hotels in an urban setting then you'll struggle to find better than the grand.
thanks for your help.have also been looking at falaraki because its not to far from rhodes town,not sure if it will be to lively fo a 45 and 53 year old couple,with lots of 18-30 holidays,anyone got any hotel recommendations thanks
The Kalithea side of Faliraki has lots of grand hotels and isn't 18-30s in the slightest. Faliraki gets quite a mix of visitors these days, sure you'll get the 18-30s crowd to a degree on Bar and Club St but there's more sedate nightlife if you want it.

I think Sambacasual is based around Faliraki so can probably give a few recommendations.
Yes Faliraki(my home town!) is geared up in parts for 18-30's,however you'll only tend to see them down one street,at night,mostly after 11pm,and only one part of the beach,the wider resort is geared for all types from families to couples to groups of older friends to Greeks and Europeans, there's bars with entertainment sat right next to quiet cocktail bars,banging nightclubs in the same street as ceramic shops and hectic watersports centres a 5 minute walk from virtually deserted stretches of sandy beach. Also there's everything from grotty little worn opt apartments above shops right through to brand spanking new huge branded 4 and 5 star hotels with their own section of beach. A good compromise is one of the hotels on the 'strip' as we call it,it's oout of town on the main beach halfway between #faliraki and Kalithea,most of them are listed in the brochures as Kalithea rather than Raki and are all 4* upwards,many of them are AI and all have more than one pool,their own beach access with a bar/taverna and all the usuals you get with big brands,have a bus stop outside(15 minutes to Rhodes town),there's also a water taxi stop,plenty of little shops,various restaurants etc and if you walk into Faliraki then the area you first come to has some nice little bars and tavernas

the Louis colossus is a very nice one.

(hark at me,i sound like a salesman)
Rhode stown is really beactiful town!! You can vistit the aquarium,the local shops,the nice cafes close to the sea,mandraki harbour and the old town!! So beactiful town ,i love Rhodes and every year im there for my holidays!!! Its worth to visit Rhodes town not only for 2 weeks but for 2 months!!!!
i love Rhodes and every year im there for my holidays

:think I am not really surprised as that is where you appear to stay and posted this from :que
nikos555

Kalispera.. we don't get many greek nationals as members, what area are you in? [well greece dose cover a very lage area of mostly sea]

yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.