Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Las Palomas
34 Posts
I'm confused :? Was about to book a week in Hotel Las Palomas, which was advertised as being in Torremolinos which is where I want to stay, however, when I checked out the reviews, it is described as being in Fuengerola. I really would like to stay close to the beach in the Carihuela(excuse the spelling) area. Any suggestions :?: :?:

All replies will be appreciated.
Hiya
Note the spellings.
Hotel Las Palmeras is in Fuengirola
http://www.hotel-laspalmeras.com/
Hotel Palmasol is in Benalmadena
http://www.hotelh10palmasol.com/
Hotel Las Palomas is in Torremolinos
http://www.malagaholidays.com/en/malaga_hotels/hotel.asp?HotelID=45

You also have these hotels in La Carihuela....
Hotel Pez Espada
Hotel Barracuda
Hotel Riu Nautilus.
Hotel Sol Aloha Puerto
Hotel Sol Timor Apartments.
Hotel Amaraqua
Hotel Roc Lago Rojo
The las Palomas is at the end of Carihuela beach near the "rock" that sticks out and seperates the two beaches.
It is up a small hill, just a couple of streets back from the beach, but you can walk through the hotel gardens from the beach and reduce the gradient.
At the other end of the beach you have the Hotel Riu Puerto Marina, which is in Benalmadena (the boundary starts after the Sol Aloha Puerto) but it is two minutes away from the long stretch of beach where all the mentioned hotels are situated.

La Carihuela is one of my favourite places and we are returning once again in June.
Video's of some of the hotels listed can be seen in Sanji's sticky thread at the top of the page.

Hope this helps.

Sanji
Thank you Sanji. Extremely helpful info.
Hola. Were staying at the hotel Las Palomas in La Carihuela, which is the best railway station to use to get there from Malaga airport.
Torremolinos Station.
Walking by the road it's about 15-20 mins slow stroll away from the hotel to the railway station........
Too far to drag suitcases, so you will need a Taxi from the station, unless you are travelling light.

Sanji
Hi Sanji. ? any idea how far it is from the train station,in Torromolinoes to the Picasso Hotel. Grandaughter and friend going in September,any help please.. :tup
Hiya Snowey.

Sorry not a hotel that I'm familiar with, so had to look it up on a map.

Click on location map, then full zoom in.

HERE

If you're familiar with the area, then you can work out that the hotel is in Plaza de la Independencia, you'll have to come down the street, cross the main coastal road, then down Calle San Miguel.
Halfway down Calle San Miguel, turn right for the railway station.
5 to 10 min walk depending how fast you walk :lol:

Hope this helps

Sanji.
:thanks Sanji.....
Snowey.
Has anyone stayed at Las Palomas Hotel in Torremolinos recently please? I have read the mixed reviews on the Hotel Review section but wondered if anyone has any recent comments.
Can anyone tell me why the hotel is listed as Las Palomas Appartments?
Thanks for any help
Sue
I have merged your post with an existing topic which may have some information.

luci :wave
The las Palomas hotel does/did have some apartments at the bottom of the hotel gardens,we have stayed in them and you go to the hotel reception for keys, safety deposit box etc, just as you would if you were staying in the hotel, but I noticed last time I was in La Carihuela that some of them were for sale, I haven't seen the apartments advertised recently, we went with Direct Holidays, so I thought maybe they had decided to sell the whole lot. :shrug

It's a small block and they are situated with half of them outside the hotel gate and some of them (because of the shape of the apartment block) are inside the hotel gardens and the garden side of the gate.
We went on a self catering basis and apart from getting/returning the keys to the reception, we never went near the hotel.

I would be careful Sue and make sure you are booking a room in the hotel and not the apartments at the bottom of the hotel gardens.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi Sanji
If we go there I intend to book with Travel Republic and they definitely say Hotel and show pictures of it. Thanks for the warning though,
Sue
Hi Sue
I've just read the reviews in HT and I would say that's a mistake, those reviews are from people who have stayed in the hotel and therefore that needs changing to Las Palomas Hotel.Torremolinos.

However, there's something fishy going on.....the hotel has always been called the Hotel Las Palomas. where the beach apartments bit has come from :shrug

I think the apartments at the bottom of the gardens/hill that belonged to the hotel have been sold and some rooms in the actual hotel have been illegally converted.
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/mobile/pda_13599.php
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.