Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Las Palomas is okay. Food is excellent hotel clean & comfortable, and quiet if you are on the eastern side away from the road
Does anyone know what kind of sunbeds they have?
If they are the hard white plastic ones I will have to take a mattress (got a bad back OUCH!!)
COULD ANYONE WHO HAS RECENTLY VISITED THIS HOTEL PLEASE GIVE ME AN HONEST OPINION OF IT AS I AM TRAVELLING THERE IN THE SUMMER : :wink:

We have booked to go to the Las Palomas hotel in Torremolinas for a fortnight in July. Silly me - didnt' check the reviews until after booking. :x So, I'm a bit concerned because there seem to be a lot of bad reports out there. Although, everyone says the hotel is very clean and tidy which is the most important thing.

Anyhoo, just wondered if anyone knew what work was being done on the hotel at the moment? I checked a hotel website and it said that the Las Palomas was closed between January and May 2005 as there was construction being done at the hotel ??

Charlie
x :D x
i too have booked to go to this hotel last week of july 1st week of august.i was also worried about the reviews and condition of the hotel, so i managed to get the tel no of the hotel, i was told that the hotel now has different owners and it was the rooms that were being renovated , he told me that the bathrooms were being done and all rooms were to have air con. i must admit that i am still a bit concerned that i have made a mistake in booking this hotel but it seems i now have to live with it, but i would be interested if you find anything else about the hotel and i will give you my e mail address to contact me and i will do the same for you.as you will have returned home before i go could you e mail me to let me know what you thought of the food hotel entertainment etc.
Hi Keith,

Thanks very much for the response. I am feeling a BIT better about the Las Palomas hearing that the rooms are being renovated. Especially the bathrooms as I'd read a few reviews that the sinks were hanging off the walls etc.

I was kind of hoping that the reason for the hotel being closed was for renovations. I was also thinking that with any luck - the renovations wouldn't be finished by the time I go in July and we'd be put in a better hotel! :P

Where are you from Keith? We will still be there the last week in July. Don't fly back to Glasgow until the 30th. I will see if I can find an internet cafe when I'm over there though and keep you posted on the state of the hotel!!!

I have added your email address to my contact list in hotmail so if I get any further info then I will let you know.

Thanks again for your reply. Fingers crossed all is OK ay... :?

Cx :D
hi charlie
we fly out on the 24 july i am from romford in essex .
i spoke to the hotel again today just to confirm my last message to you and he once again confirmed that all the rooms are being painted, all bathrooms are being renovated and air conditioning is going to be in all rooms.
i am still a bit concerned about the food , as i have read varying reports with some saying it is ok but others saying its disgusting swimming in fat.lets just hope the new owners make sure the food is ok.by the way who did you book with as i booked mine direct through the internet with seperate flights. i am travelling with my partner and children to the hotel and maybe we will have a pint when i get out there. if i find any more news i will contact you
thanks keith : :glynis
:thanks
Just returned from the Costa del Sol (March 24) and the Las Palomas is undergoing major refurbishment. New interiors are being fitted out and patio doors etc are currently being fitted. I would think that the work will be completed by early summer (May/June)so you will have no need to worry. So look forward to a brand new hotel.
There wasn`t anything wrong with this hotel when I stayed there two years ago, the food was excellent. If it has been refurbished all the better.
What a relief to finally hear some positive feedback about this hotel.

Thanks very much for the info people. I am now starting to look forward to the holiday. Not long to go now.

Sorry Keith - I didn't reply to your last message. We booked a package deal with First Choice. Got quite a good deal. Or so we thought until we read the reviews!! :?

Here's hoping the new owners sort the food out too. I've been advised though that it's very cheap to eat out in Costa Del Sol so if the food is really that bad I'm sure it will be cheap enough to eat out a few nights!!!

And, hey, great idea about meeting up for a pint (or two) when we are there.

Cx :D :D
I stayed here in April 2004 got a deal for two of us for two nights for £25.00 each half board. I enjoyed my stay and thought the hotel bedrooms & bathrooms were very nice. The outside of the building had some flaking paint but that didn't bother us. Food was standard spanish hotel, I always found something to eat. Anyone that states this hotel is a dump really has not stayed in a dump. There was nothing wrong with it and I would gladly go back even if it wasn't being renovated. Have a good holiday.

Mark
i am going to the las palomas at the end of july and if anyone is going out there in the next few weeks, would you look in for me to see if the renovations have been completed. i would be grateful if you can also ask if all the rooms have air-conditioning now and have a quick look at the menu to see if the food looks edible . I am still a bit worried that i am going to get out there and there are still works happening on the hotel.

thanks Keith.
I fly out to this hotel on Saturday and was wondering if anyone could indeed tell me what the score was? I didn't know till after I booked it, but if its all done & no work is on-going when we arrive I won't care :) Anyone know if its been done? Air Conditioning in all the rooms or what?

I'll post my experiences when I come back - can't wait! :D
Liam
Hi all!

I've just returned from Las Palomas today and I've posted a review.

Enjoy.
Liam
Just returned.I seem to remember seeing a small amount of scaffolding on the one end.
thanks to liam for his post but can anyone answer me these

whats the food like
is there any rooms with air conditioning
is the any sports area in hotel for kids to play football
do they hire fridges and fans if no air conditioning
are there many mossies in rooms can you get beds by pool
is entertainment indoors or out is it day and evening.
sorry to ask so many questions but missus is 5 months pregnant and im worried ive made a mistake by booking this hotel

thanks keithyu :roll:
Several of the many separate discussions about this hotel have now been merged into this single topic. Please post any related discussion here in this topic, rather than in separate new topics which are often overlooked.

Many thanks
David HT Mod :wave
Has anyone got any info on this hotel? How much in a taxi from Malaga airport? Is it central in the resort? Any good bars around it?

EDIT: Merged with existing topic
David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.