America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Laundry?
5 Posts
Top loading washing machines work in basically the same way as front loaders. There will be a tray on the front or, more likely, a flip-top compartment on the top where you pour laundry detergent.

However, the gel capsules should be fine too. Just stick one in with the load.

It's hard to give you instructions on how to use it without knowing the make, model number, etc! But it's really the same as any other washing machine. Just put the clothes in, close the lid, select the cycle (e.g. permanent press, colors, etc) and there will either be a button to press to start the wash or you might need to pull the cycle button towards you.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough!
Don't forget when you're packing all these laundry supplies that most things in the US cost half what they do in UK.
Toploading machines- turn on water, add detergent,add clothes, close lid, push 'Start' button in, or pull it out... :P
Their hot is usually very hot so select a warm wash and you can hand test the temperature of the water and adjust it if you need to. Same for the dryer.
Thanks everyone!
That's been a really great help! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.