Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Le Vieux Port
4 Posts
Stayed there with keycamp last july. 2 adults (late thirties) and two kids 10 and 4. Huge campsite with plenty of facilities. Despite the number of people there, the pool area was always reasonably quiet.

The adjacent beach is wonderful for sunbathing but the sea was pretty wild due to the atlantic rollers. Great for the surfers though and well covered by the attentive lifeguards.

The italian restaurant on site was OK but not the sort of place to visit too often. The takeaway cafe had a limited choice so we tended to eat out or in the caravan (the onsite SPAR was well stocked.) The hotdogs by the pool were a great snack.

The site is in the middle of a pine forest giving welcome shade (it was hot) and probably a mile or so walk to vieux boucau which has loads of restaurants and bars, well worth the walk (or cycle hire on site) However to get any further you will need a car.

The beach at Moliets a couple of miles north is huge, flat and seemed a a lot safer than at messanges, again loads of lifeguards actually doing their job rather than just looking good. There are a number of places to eat at moliets but at all costs avoid the buffet at the chinatown restaurant. We did enjoy lunch at the restaurant overlooking the beach though.

All in all it was a great holiday, the site is well run and kids clubs well organised. If you have kids who like a bit of freedom invest in a couple of walkie talkies we found ours to be really usefull.
thanks for the detailed reply.
my kids will only be 5 & 3 but my sister has a few more than me ranging from 16 down to 4.
2 boys 16&13, 2 girls 10&9, and a 5yr girl & 4yr boy.
Do you think the area has enough facilities to keep them busy?

This year in La Palmyre, there was quad bikes & go-carting nearby for the older boys and the dads. Pony trekking for the girls and there was also a large amusement park 10 mins drive away.
The town of La Palmyre about 1 mile away had numerous shops & restaurants and a long promenade for walks.
Le Vieux port sounds like it has something similar nearby.
I doubt that you will have a problem keeping the kids busy. I don't recall an amusement park nearby but there was quad biking, trampolining and crazy golf next to the site and pony trekking on the site. There was an outdoor adventure site nearby high wire, abseiling etc that the boys might like.

We used the pools every day, there was something for everyone. Very safe and clean.

I'm sure you will have a great time. We would certainly return.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.