General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You could try:-

Paguera - Majorca
Cala Millor - Majorca
Santa Eulalia - Ibiza (no nightclubs, lots of bars & restaurants)
Cambrils - Costa Dorada (nice Spanish town next door to Salou if you decide you do need an English Breakfast :) )
La Carihuela area of Torremolinos (Again lots of bars, restaurants, nice Spanish flavour, no nightclubs but you have Benalmadena Marina nearby if you feel the need to up the tempo)

Thats about all I can recommend from personal experience - Quite difficult to find Lively, friendly and non-British!!

As you can see I can only speak of places in Spain but hopefully others will be able to give you a few other options.

PS: Just thought of one, Albufeira old town, popular with all nationalities, not personally my favourite place but it could fit you requirements very well and everyone I know apart from me loves it!

Mark
Hi samuel50,

Mark's right about the Old Town in Albufeira. It sounds as though it might be just right for you. Have a look at these two threads and see what you think.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69403
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67472

If you need any advice or info someone's bound to have the answer!
Perhaps Faro? Didn't seem to be too full of lumpens when I visited and you're in an interesting city without being stuck in a quiet village in the middle of nowhere. Also there are connections on the bus to towns like Albufeira from there.
There are quite a lot of Greek resorts which aren't very british, even though british people go there.

A few that spring to mind that I visited on holidays are Paros and Ios. Ios is very much a party island but it's a party island full of all nationalities/backpackers etc. Paros is smaller but again a very mixed clientele. You might also find that somewhere like Mykonos is a good bet, whilst having lots of brit tourists it tends to attract a mix from all over Europe plus USA/Canada.
Not all of the costas have been damaged by brit culture ( or lack of it should I say :( )

Go down south past Marbella and although its concrete jungle in some places its actually rather nice and full of life.
Have to say that I think you'll find Peguera/Paguera is a favourite destination with the Germans ...
We spent eight days in an apartment on Gandia Playa (la grau) at the beginning of July last year and only heard one other english family in the whole time we were there, it is just spanish, the beach clears about 1.30 for about three hours while they all go off for lunch and seista time there is a glorious long beach, restraurants, good supermarkets and some shops, excellent value menu del dia in loads of places, only about an hour south of Valencia
How about Puerto Soller in Majorca or Alcossebre/Las Fuentes in the Costa Azahar (fly to Valencia).

Pippa
Are you sure you want a resort that isn't very British?

If you are travelling alone unless you have very good language skills you might find it difficult to speak to those friendly people unless they are British!
Cancun! Not been there but it is supposed to have a lively bar scene (Senor Frogs etc)and some of the hotels are on the beach.
One bit of advice re Cancun, check your travel dates so you don't clash with the USA 'spring break' when it is full of young americans partying. It's sometime in March I believe.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.