Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yeh.....it's still under construction!!!
Passed it yesterday and noticed the new sign had gone up, it looks almost finished.........posh looking thing on the main road in Candolim, if my memory serves me correctly it's next to the big jewellery store (the one with NEON signs....Chandra?? i think......close to the Health Centre, sorry to be vague!!!
GFF xx
Knew I could rely on you GFF. Thanks. :lol:
Not going out til Feb so will ask again later.
again many thanks
Alan
He's gone ahead and booked it, hope it's good. Will put a review on it when he comes back in Feb... :D
http://www.lemontreehotels.com/goa-hotels/amarante-beach-hotel-profile.html

was in Goa last week and this Hotel is still not finished. Rumour has it that its well expensive to stay there.
This one looks fantastic, meant to be all iinclusive, its in front of Linb's place.
no its behind linb's place :) just looks like any other hotel to me,
It's £100 a night including breakfast :omg Way out of my price range :rofl
If anyone offered a cheaper deal for British citizens in the UK, the law would be on them for discrimination, but it is so blatant here. At nearly £150 for a night at Xmas, I can't see this being packed out
Any news on this place yet? Has it opened? :thanks
Just returned from Candolim and whilst we were there we manged to have a tour of this hotel with the manager Mr Dayye. They are hoping to have the opening ceremony on the 8th of this month. Thay are also signing up with First Choice, Manos, etc for future bookings (he also stated you will be able to book via their website INVALID URL

Ivan
Anyone know how thier opening day went? :thanks
C'mon LinB I'm relying on you for info..... :bow
Just got back and we also had a tour. Very, very plush and baths rather than showers - just what Goa needs!! :?:

You can't knock it - it looks great but the contrast between the wealthy Bombay folk who will stay there along with the Europeans, and the poor women and guys who were building it - carrying rocks and stuff on their heads - would break your heart if you thought about it too much!

The trouble for me with those places is that when you're inside them, you could be anywhere in the world - Florida, Spain etc, I want to feel like I'm in India because it's better than all those other places!
Someone must have stayed there :?
It was meant to be open 16th Dec
If you want posh, it is definately that it looks fantastic. A couple from our hotel went in and had a look around. They said it was fantastic.
rgds
GL
Thanks GL
I'm not the one that needs posh :smokin It's for my mate (ex BA pilot, been spoilt :lol: ). I'll be extremely happy staying at Lucia Guest House again this year :glynis :glynis .... 35days to go :pele
Sorry gooner fan was far too busy on the kingfisher boat to waste my time on a cheap Goan hotel.
Have to agree with roma watching the build with the ladies doing all the heavy work didn't sit too well with me, Emily Pankhurst hasn't reached Goa yet. It looks fabulous, but 1 night there would pay for a weeks holiday elsewhere, how much time would you need to spend in your room to make it worth the money. Mayby my standards are too low, but cheap and cheerful is my motto, [and clean]

Lin[/url]
Not gonna argue with you on that one Lin :?
£100/night for a bath :roll: i'll stay with a shower, come to think about it the Magnum also has rooms with baths at very much less.

lez
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.