France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Les Menhirs
7 Posts
Hi Jack and welcome to HT!

You may find some useful information in our Camping and Carvanning forum HERE Also you will find mention of Menhirs by using our Search facility at the top of the page and selecting Posts instead of Topics.

luci :wave
We were there last summer and loved it. The site takeaway wasn't up to much but there are lots of places in town to eat and they're all within walking distance. We had some wonderful pizzas in La Terrase which is on the main road as you go into town. we ate in one night and then hubby got a carryout for him and me on our last night as I was too harrassed to cook anything once I had shoehorned everything into the car!
Don't expect to get much traditional French food in Carnac. It's very much geared up to tourists and everywhere serves burgers, steaks, pizza, etc. If you have kids with you, they'll love Igloo whcih has about 150 different flavours of ice cream.

The beach is 2 minutes walk from Les Menhirs and there is a Super U supermarket 5 minutes walk away.
Thanks a mil for the responses!!
I should add that we were there at the time of the World Cup and even after France lost the final, there was a lovely friendly atmosphere in the town. We took our children (then 2 and 5) into town that night and felt very safe.
Another thought. How old are your kids? Carnac is full of cycle hire companies and there are lots of places to cycle. You can hire kids' bikes, adult bikes and adult bikes with babyseats on the back.
Carnac is also at the end of the Quiberon Peninsula there's 9km of peninsula to explore
Ideal cycling
Fantastic windsurfing and Kite surfing was started here in Europe it's the place for the French School of sand yachts

Fantastic fish restaurants and Oysters are the delicacy here there are four markets in the area
Quiberon St Paul
Carnac
Quiberon square
Auray

Then there's the fishing :lol: :lol:
The point at the end of Quiberon is called Point du Conguiel (Conger Eel point)and for good reason minimum hook size is an 8/0

Carnac obviously is famous the world over for the standing stones and there are so many it is mind boggling when you look at the size of them and realise that these 2-4 tonne lumps were moved by hand without technology to help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.