Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
:D Hi, Have you tried looking on their website http://www.letoonia.com we are going to their sister hotel club letoonia in 8 weeks time and the reviews are brilliant so I would imagine the golf Letoonia is of the same standard if not better as it is newer .
:gluck Joanne
Has anybody stayed in the Letoonia Golf resort in belek, we are booked for the 19th june with our 3 children but cannot find any refiews on this hotel, can anybody help???
HI which travel agent did you book this holiday with as I have not seen this hotel advertised in the brochures. We have just got back from club letoonia in fethiye and the place was fantastic and am thinking of booking the golf letoonia another year. I would imagine the reason you cannot find any reveiws is they haven't offered it to british guest before it will be mainly German and Russian. The Club letoonia wher we stayed has only been available to the English for 3 years. If the standard of the Golf is the same as their sister hotel you'll have no problems.
Bye Redjoe
Hi i booked it with last minute.com but i have also seen it on http://www.holidaytravelstore.co.uk who are very good i have booked another holiday with them to egypt in september, was quite reasonable about £1300 AI for 2 adults and 3 children in june for 15nts (that was just the room). I will definately put a review of the hotel as soon as i get back and will let you know how it is.
Hi,
I have been in Club Asteria Belek 24.05-04.06. It is just nearby. Our friends have been in Letoonia the same time.

Both hotels are good enough. Travel agencies sell them with the same price here. Letoonia coud be a little more expensive .

it is a paradise for children in both hotels.

Nationality of guests (as far as I 've seen)
40% Russian
40% German
10% English
10% all the rest (Holland, Belgium, Turkish, etc)

Animator Team - Russian/German/Turkish (but most of them speak english more or less)

Quality of food - average
Quality of Alcogol - Poor

Some fresh photo of the hotel (May 2005) you can find here http://www.forum.littleone.ru/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1389762&page=&fpart=1&vc=1

the map of the hotel
http://mashasa.narod.ru/IMG_2147_s.jpg
(Click on the same link in open window)

There is a mini club for children in both hotels.

If you want quiet family rest - both hotels are good.
Give some money to barman (5-10$) and/or waiter (2-5$) if you do not want to wait long for a drink.
Leave some money in room if you want it to be nice cleaned (1-2$)
and so on.

Sorry for poor english .

Roman/Russia/St.Petersuburg
hi,

thanks for the info. what was Belek like, are they are any markets there like Bodrum?

What was the beach like in Belek, was there any watersports or is it very quiet.
:D Hi, When we stayed in Belek 3 years ago we found the beach was nice and sandy but I wouldn't say it gently shelves into the sea as it does go fairly deep quite quickly so you would have to keep an eye on young children. There were water sports available near the hotel we stayed at which was the sun zeynep. I should imagine your hotel will have everthing included as it was at the club Letoonia. You could even have sailing and windsurfing lessons for free the only thing you paid for were the motorized sports. There was a weekly market near Belek but I can't remember which day it was you will soon find out when you get there. It wouldn't be as big as Bodrum though. Bye the way we are going to Bodrum in October any information would be apperiated as we have never been to this part before.
Thanks Redjoe
To louisedesmond:

there are no markets near hotels in a walk distance.
You can take a taxi from hotel to Kadrie (6-7 USD) and make shopping there. There are plenty of small shops, minimarket, etc.
100% that taxi will bring you near one of small markets (belonged to the friend of driver) and you will be "attacked" by sellers :)))
Don't be afraid :) and say firmly NO or LATER :)
Normal T-Short cost there 5-7 USD, beach towel - 10USD. (Normally their first offer is double price :))) . All fakes of well-known brands with average quality.

Markets and shops in resort are too expensive.
There is a big shopping center named Forse (or something like that) and you can get there by taxi as well but I wouldn't recommend it. There is the same things there but 40% more expensive.

as for beach entertaiment and sports:
you will be offerred
- wind serfing - if you have certificate already. If not then you can have training - 5 hours cost 180 USD , paraglide - 35USD, banan boat, water bikes etc. Diving is not offered and there is nothing to see under water because water is not clear.

As for other extreme sport - it should be personal decision. One of russian tourist from our hotel was seriosly injured (hang-glider). He has no insurance and medical assistance cost him more then 10 000 USD.

To redjoe
I like Bodrum. The turkish people like to rest there. I was there 2 years ago. Hotel Malama Beach (3-4 star, AI).
The differences between Belek and Bodrum:

Belek - "beach and relax " rest. Mostly club hotels with AI. Perfect for family vacation with children.

Bodrum - "travel and disco" rest.
There are lots of things to see around, I recommend to rent a car. Lots of disco, clear water, no sand. Good service.
It could be rather cold in October in Bodrum.

R.
Hi Redjoe,

We went to Bodrum in September last year and it was so hot you had to run to get in the shade because after a couple of hours in the bazaar you could not stand the heat, and i like it HOT.

The bazaar is good if you love shopping i bought leather bags and you can haggle and get a good deal just make sure its real leather, i also bought Burberry bath sheets - from a shop at the back of the bazaar and its the best quality towels that i have ever bought they are still like new so definately a good buy and it cost a fiver!!! also gameboy and PS2 games are ok and do work.

I would not say the water is clear it is very turquoise and you cant see anything at all, in the marina area you can get a good english fry up and the foods good.

Overall Bodrum is really nice for nightlife and an active holiday, i did not think much of gumbet for a beach though. there is loads to see, sights etc.

Have a great time!!!
Hi folks

I got a letter from Thomas Cook this morning stating that my holiday (6/11)to the Adora Golf resort - Belek had been cancelled, and that they were sending me to the Letoonia Golf Resort instead. On first impression it doesn't look too bad at all, but there seem to be no reviews in the Hotel section for it.
Has anyone been there, got any info or tips? Here's hoping

A big thankyou to anyone who can help :thanks
Has anyone been to this hotel in Belek? I have found their web site but if anyone has any info about the hotel or surrounding area I would be most grateful.
Hi Stoddy,

Which hotel do you mean - Adora Golf or Letoonia?

Scunner
Hi Scunner, its the Letoonia one were going to.
Hi Stoddy,

That's good, that's the one I can help you with :D

I live around 2.5 hours along the coast from Belek and have been to Letoonia twice this year for seperate weeks.

We find it excellent as far as all inclusives go (we have 6 year old twin girls and appreciate the time they leave us at the bar thanks to a well run kids club!).

The split of nationalities quoted above is not far wrong, I would question the percentage of Brits though - 1% would be more accurate IMO. They have entertainment each night which really isn't my thing but our kids loved it (moreso they loved the entertainment team members who mill around during the day and all love kids) - and at these entertainment events welcome everyone by nation, so you get a good appreciation of the numbers by the cheers in reply. First time we actually had to ask the guy to include the UK!

Definitely huge quantities of Russians, Ukrainians (80%+ together), then Turkish, few Germans (nowhere near as many as you might guess), three or four French, and on one night an Italian :lol:

We were there during the week when England played Sweden in the World Cup, a surefire way to see how many Bits were in town, and they showed it on a massive screen in a room - me, my wife and 2 other brits!

Enough of nationalities, let's get on to the important matters:

Drink:

Most soft drinks, most alcoholic drinks in Turkish form, exceptions being imported 'real' Bacardi, Malibu, Schnapps (but that one ran out and never reappeared!) Becks beer, Efes (local lager) and even a not too shabby Baileys equivalent. Whisky can either be imported (but not a brand I'd heard of) or local(ish) made in Northern Cyprus - if you know whisky you won't like that! A list of a couple of dozen cocktails, all worth a try - if they aren't for you who cares - leave it and try another!!!

Coffee, tea, Nescafe Ice (a great starting point for making up your own cocktails - try Nescafe Ice, Baileys & creme de menthe!).

PLEASE BE WARNED: Red & white wine are available all day and at all meals - avoid both, truly awful.

'Juice Bar' for most soft fruit drinks.

Pool Bar is open from 10am to 12 midnight, Disco 11:30pm till 2 (again not my scene but you can sit outside). 24 hour bar :shock: in lobby!

There is also a 'premium brand' bar, but you pay in there, never went :P

Food was pretty damn good, a massive choice from the buffet for lunch and dinner, and at dinner a couple of corners where they knock out freshly cooking dishes - a seafood casserole one night was as good as any I had.

Breakfast good too, bit 'samey' but all the freshly squeezed orange juice you wish.

Late afternoon, coffee and cakes near the pool, how sophisticated!

Belek is pretty much 'man made' as a town, 5 star AI hotels line the beach for miles (literally miles). Belek 'town' is fairly unTurkish - old ruins line the main road, I had no idea the Romans invented fibreglass!

Plenty of shops - good buys over here are leather goods, jewellery and fake designer everything. Quality of these varies considerably - 5 T shirts for 15 euro's sounds good but not once you pop the collar on the first wear. Ignoring the Reebok or Nike logo, I'm sure you could buy better quality plain T shirts cheaper in Tesco or Matalan these days.

Local market is Monday, worth a trip for the experience. Get a taxi at the gate.

Rooms are adequate, nothing to complain about, nothing to write about.

One most important fact - if you smoke buy duty free (or outside complex when you go to market) - we pay around a quid for 20, the shop in Letoonia charges over £3, ok cheaper than UK but way above local price.

All in all it is an excellent holiday hotel, hence we went back. Within a week we were back to our kids asking "how many days till we go back to Letoonia".

Letoonia Fethiye is far bigger, we don't go there because I can see it from my house, doesn't seem right!

If you have specific questions please ask away.

Scunner[/b]
  • Edited by Scunner 2006-11-10 09:23:30
As if that wasn't enough...

I forgot to mention the 'speciality' restaurants - you have to book one day for the next evening. Sushi, seafood (both in lovely seafront locations) both excellent. Turkish restaurant (please try it!).

Scunner
Scunner, spot on report. We are from the North of Scotland so anyone south of Inverness think we are foreign anyway and can not understand us, so the different nationalities will not be to much of a problem :lol: . The place sounds good and as our kids are 6 & 4 when we go the kids club will be up their street (and ours). Done AI first time in Turkey this year so it will be good to compare, roll on July. Cheers
Hi Briar,

Sure, I'll do that.

Stoddy,

Glad the report helped. I am from Scottish stock (Perth), born in the highlands of Luton myself, now living in Turkey. I'm sure I'd be able to understand you!

Kids club is pretty good, obviously language is a barrier with so few Brits, but the international language of play wins quickly.

I could tell the frustration from my kids on the first day - sort of "Look dad, We're 5 years old, fluent in English and Turkish and we STILL can't talk to the other kids"!

All the entertainment staff do Turkish, English, Russian & German to some degree.

You never know, we might bump into you next July!

Scunner
Has anyone been here? We are thinking of going next year with Thomsons. It looks lovely and seems to tick alot of boxes for us. We'll be going in August with our 2 children who will be 8 and 5.
We just can't decide between staying in a bungalow or a family suite. I quite fancy the bungalow as you're away from the main hotel.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Haven't been to Letoonia golf but have been to Club Letoonia in Fethiye. If the standards at the golf, are the same ,you are in for an excellent holiday!!
Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.